A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK so who am I sending this package to in Asia?

bigpandahk Hong Kong
atom6422 South Korea
ccliu Taiwan
meintan Singapore
greyrab Singapore
Coolhead Malaysia
tranhieu Vietnam

the box with all fets, all caps, keratherm, Zfoils comes to just over 2kg I suspect it will cost the same no-matter where its sent.

to HongKong Airmail is $52.20 without any insurance added, for Express is $59.20 so would be silly to save the $7 IMO. one will take 2 weeks or so, one will likely take a few days and has tracking and $100 insurance standard.

the rest i'm formulating in an email, as well as further details regarding tax etc

cool OK we'll cover the details in email. will be best if you handle any finances for the local shipping of course, i'll just collect whats needed to come out of my pocket it to get to you as well as something each from the zfoil people to cover their share of the remainder of the import fees I covered at my end. Singapore with greyrab or meintan would have made sense because its the only country with 2 people, but both of them have very small, light orders, meintan is just PCB and greyrab PCB + fets

EU

I can handle distribution for EU if no one else wants to, but if I do, please be advised that it's pretty likely we'll get customs and VAT added to the package once it gets here. Sweden, unfortunately, has one of the highest VAT rates in Europe (25%) which makes it a somewhat less attractive country of importation than say, Germany (19%). If Denmark is the only other alternative though, this wont matter much as the VAT there is 25% too AFAIK.

Also, a customs fee of 3-4% is to be expected, as well as a ~€10 arbitrary fee for charging for for VAT (yes, the postal service actually charge you for charging you of VAT, it's insane!).

Nothing of this will matter if we don't get charged, but as I said, we most likely will be and so we need to be prepared for it.

I will also send this in e-mail form so as many as possible will see it.

yes, the postal service actually charge you for charging you of VAT, it's insane!

yep same here, and here, though we didnt pay duty as such, you pay the tax on the shipping service, as well as baing taxed on the duty...... scammers. but we did avoid any duty coming this way due to freetrade between AU and USA.

yes I think VAT is unavoidable, the most important thing to me is getting tracking and some form of insurance, it doesnt have to be too high.

anyway i'm fully back on track again, sorry yesterday was a rightoff, I crashed pretty much straight after I sent those posts here last night.
:crazy:

anyway i'm just having a large espresso, i'll get onto some emails, number crunching as well as snapping some pics of the packages before I shut them up and finish packing.

Last edited:
also guys, to be clear, sorry I thought I made it clear in the email but a couple seem confused, I havent counted all the payments up yet, but thanks for the fast response from minimum most of you so far, close to all I think.

its only for the zfoil group the extra $16 amount. it is a little bit unfair that the people that only got caps and no resistors got away without any extra while the Zfoil group didnt, but I could not think of a way that sounded reasonable to ask them to contribute.

We were lucky no tax was incurred from the caps input and zfoils was very unlikely. maybe I should have gotten you guys opinion on that first, but it would have been difficult to calculate anyway. Regardless i've got most of the money through now; i'll do a tally shortly.

So, does seem prudent if possible to have the EU distributor be one of the people receiving a heavier package? or very near some that do? i'm happy for it to be Emphyrian, but what do you guys think?

then when we have final destinations i'll do final shipping quotes and work out the extra bits I need to get from each of you for the shipping to distros. even though everyones weights will be different, I think its easiest to make it an even split; does that make sense? anyone else got a better idea?

Last edited:
yep same here, and here, though we didnt pay duty as such, you pay the tax on the shipping service, as well as baing taxed on the duty...... scammers.

Same here. While it's a bit depressing I do feel better now that I know that Swedish customs aren't the only ones doing it this way ;)

I've gotten a few replies on my e-mail "accepting" the "terms" for me distributing in the EU, so if there are no objections I guess I'll do it.

cool OK well looks like weve got the distributors sorted

Emphrygian for EU
MisterRogers for USA/CAN
bigpandahk for Asia

but while I did get 14 payments through quickly, there are still 6/20 people/stereo sets from the Zfoil GB who have not paid up.

in the meantime, since we have the destinations sorted, i'll go ahead and get final quotes today and send that to the distributors.

Last edited:
Ok - what say we nail down our final 'details', pay up qusp and get this off his plate? If you have a stake in this, tune in and pay up :) Qusp, IMO, there should be no discussion about insurance. With these parts/values, as organizer/sender I would only send with insurance. Let's go with totals that include insurance and get these funds into qusp.

If we end up with any US members that don't pay, I'll cover it so you can send it off to me. I have no problems holding their gear hostage until they do :)

Ok - what say we nail down our final 'details', pay up qusp and get this off his plate? If you have a stake in this, tune in and pay up :) Qusp, IMO, there should be no discussion about insurance. With these parts/values, as organizer/sender I would only send with insurance. Let's go with totals that include insurance and get these funds into qusp.

If we end up with any US members that don't pay, I'll cover it so you can send it off to me. I have no problems holding their gear hostage until they do :)

+1 for insurance

@qusp:

I ordered the red insulation pads only. Are these going out with the rest of the orders or would it be possible to ask you to ship when you have a minute of your valuable time. Also, can you share the exact part number for the red insulation pad for I may need to order directly from kerotherm for other projects I have lined up....

thanks and kind regards (Truly appreciate your organizing this for us).

will send email necplusultra, you can only buy 1000 x 500mm rolls direct, I have a feeling you dont need quite that much ;)

yes, I was only going to send uninsured with written acceptance of the risks from everyone and preferred not to do that. I would not have considered without full tracking

BTW some bad news probably for some of you, those who were planning to use antek toroids will have to find another option, they had a factory/warehouse fire and are closed for business till april or later :( ....all items are out of stock.

as you can see i'm all done apart from some packing materials and shutting up. theree is literally no work for the regional distributors to do except addressing and sending envelopes; all orders are made up individually and labelled

Attachments

• NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1562_Asia.jpg
    NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1562_Asia.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 411
  • NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1563_EU.jpg
    NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1563_EU.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 396
  • NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1568_USA-Can.JPG
    NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1568_USA-Can.JPG
    457.4 KB · Views: 387
  • NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1564.JPG
    NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1564.JPG
    376.5 KB · Views: 379
  • NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1566.JPG
    NTD1 last check_21Jan2013_1566.JPG
    354.9 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
I have sent you multiple reminders and also pinged you on Paypal multiple times. You remain the only unpaid member. I am not irritated by this, but i don't really appreciate the insinuation that some how I am holding things up. In reality, everyone else is waiting on you.

Just paid and found your reminder in the junk mailbox but I did checked my mailbox before post the question, I always pay invoice immediately when receive it. Anyway, sorry for the delay.

Thanks for going the extra mile with packaging qusp; it'll help me turn around the US orders quickly. Who's outstanding from the US/Canada?

On another note - I picked up my new enclosure from the machine shop. It's coming along :) Lots of additional measuring and drilling to do, then powder coating. What do you think? I found these unique heat sinks that accept 3 extensions per side (notice the three rows of screw holes). The rest is raw 6061 rough cut then machined. Thanks to Owen for the thought to use the base plate to transfer heat to the end cap sinks.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.