Digitally controlled relay volume regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Veteran,

yes after each key i choose "++" flashes momentarily and the next key comes up...all the way to S1,
problem is that after S1 i reinsert "prog" shunt and unit restarts but will not react to remote control.....remains in " MUTE" all the time. until i move the encoders, i use one for atenuation and another for input select.

PS: i sent you an email about more controller boards.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
...OK it's working............................:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

It seems that i have to reinsert "prog" shunt when S1 appears, i was doing it momentarily only and this does not work.

I thought S1 was a setting for the brightness ?????

Thats what i get when i don't have all the info :cool::rolleyes:

hehe

thanks for the help.....you did!!!

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi CeeVee,
I sent you a PM.

Hi Big brown,

Saw it today, I'll answer your requests here if you don't mind, they are generic and of interest to others i think.

I have not finalized layout of boards in box but i'll post a rendering and details about the dispaly you want as well, hope we can convince veteran to make more PCBs the display is really good, fast and very easy to work with, there is not much he left out.
:cool:

Veteran is a very busy guy and will be off-line mostly until end of September.

I can only see one thing to add to this display; an option to set the input number....6 is too much in some cases, like with small enclosures ! even so it's close to an universal display choice i think.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here are the schematics, all in one palce, that veteran has published in various places,

Big Brown: Relay TQ2SA-5V is perfect.

hopes this helps.

Attachments

• relay_stage_sch.pdf
    40.9 KB · Views: 192
  • drv_sch.pdf
    62.1 KB · Views: 167
  • drv_pcb.pdf
    36.6 KB · Views: 149
I want to thank Veteran and CeeVee for posting the schematics for the controller board. I had recieved the controller and volume relays along with Aleph 1.7 boards from Veteran several months ago. Unfortunately I didn't get the schematics and was searching for a way to get this project moving forward. So thanks for sharing your knowledge so the rest of us may learn and enjoy the same experiences in audio pleasure.

I too would be interested in a selector board if there is one available. If Veteran or some other talented individual doesn't have one available, maybe someone on here could recommend a good place to look.

Thanks for your help.

Ark

I designed such PCB (selector), which, after minor changes in the program (a standard driver supports one output) works with this volume regulator. This is how it looks:

Attachments

• DSC_6653.JPG
    DSC_6653.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC_6656.JPG
    DSC_6656.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC_6657.JPG
    DSC_6657.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 387
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.