ezDAC v.1.5 Builders Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

Before I solder the clock in I wanted to make sure that I had it in the proper orientation. I'm using the optional crystek smd. Could you please have a look at the attached pic and let me know if I've got it right.

Thanks,

PJN

Attachments

• Crystal position.jpg
    Crystal position.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 264
hi guys, well my boards arrived today nd I guess I need to start thinking about some parts I dont have, I have most, but still a few holes. thinking I might run a dual mono using PCM1798, dont think I have enough spare 1794, though I have one. I have a couple of questions. is there a full BOM that anyone has for the special version? I see quite a few posts in here saying, 'oh no , are you using the BOM? you should have X instead of Y and B instead of C' collecting all of them would be a job in itself.
also is the only way to skip ASRC to use i2s input?

Hi guys,

I'm almost ready to power up my EZDAC, but before I do I have a question on figuring out a dropping resistor for a led indicator light.
I have a blue led that I want to use as an indicator light for my DAC, it is rated at 5v and 30 mA. I want to drop the supply voltage on my psu from 15 vdc to 5vdc to feed the led. Is my math right ?

V=IR, 10v = 0.03 x R, so R ~ 333 ohms

Thanks,

PJN

Hi Everybody,

I've completed my case and I'm am getting ready to power up my EZDAC but before I do I want to make sure that I have the power hooked up right. I am using just a single PSU for now. From the build pics that see on Evan's site I figure that V+ goes to V1, V- goes to V4 and G goes to G2, am I right ?

Thanks,

PJN

Hi all,

Well I hooked my EZDAC up, powered up, no smoke, but no sound either. Totally silent, maybe I don't have the jumpers hooked up correctly, or maybe something else is not right. I've attached some pics of my build, if you see anything wrong, or if you have any ideas of what to check for I'd really appreciate the input.

Thanks,

PJN

Attachments

• Case layout.jpg
    Case layout.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 166
  • jumpers.jpg
    jumpers.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 167
  • hookups.jpg
    hookups.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 160
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.