• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Class T Audio Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The TDA2500/TA0105A Reference Board Amplifier Module is based on the TDA2500/TA0105A digital audio power amplifier driver from Tripath Technology. This board is designed to provide a simple and straightforward environment for the evaluation of the Tripath stereo TDA2500/TA0105A amplifier. This board has 2 versions, one for low-impedance applications, such as 4 and 8 Ohms and can provide up to 500W with 0.1% THD on each channel, and is fitted with 200V Vds MOS-FET Transistors and higher impedance, such as 25-50 Ohms where can provide up to 400W with 0.1% THD on each channel and is fitted with 500V Vds MOS-FET Transistors. The acctual board is fitted with TA0105A driver which is the improoved version of the TDA2500 and STW34NB20 MOS-FET Transistor. On request, TDA2500 driver can be provided. Note that the TDA2500 and TA0105A are pin by pin compatile, the difference consist in their functionality and parameters.

i could read this myself at your site but yoy didn`t answer my questions.

ok it`s 500watt/8ohm 0.1%

how much it is at 4 ohm and 2 0hm.

what power supply voltage it needs?

OK while I'm waiting for a reply from Cristi I may aswell asked on here.

how do I run the TA3020v4 (the all in one amp and smps) in BTL mode?

I know theres a jumper somewhere to set it but where?

and does this amp need a additional resister to run in BTL mode?

I listen to alot of dubstep and the bus pumping issue will be a problem with all the under 200hz square and sine waves used in this music.

The TA3020v4 amplifiers from lots before april 2011 had one jumper on the backside of the pcb, about 10mm from the input connector. from the latest versions, i removed the onboard jumper because a second order low-pass filter was implemented on board, and the BTL connection might alter the sound quality without using an external phase shifter such as the BIPS module. i'm updating the manual and there will be described in detail how to use the new version, and changes which i made compared to previous versions. the input connector has one more pin, i added the 5V bias for Mute pin to pin 1, and the rest of the pins had shifted to right one place.

Looks great! And not using any SMD so "easier" to assemble.

(Sorry, I have to comment here: SMD is actually easier overall than through-hole - the thing is that SMD building requires more specific techniques, so to do SMD we have to "invest" a bit in studying and practicing. Not a lot though. Once the initial 'investment' in technique is made, then SMD building is a lot faster and smoother and easier. I do apologise for the comment, but I feel it is so important for DIYers to realize that SMD is certainly within reach! SMD versus through-hole is only a matter of taste ...)

(Sorry, I have to comment here: SMD is actually easier overall than through-hole - the thing is that SMD building requires more specific techniques, so to do SMD we have to "invest" a bit in studying and practicing. Not a lot though. Once the initial 'investment' in technique is made, then SMD building is a lot faster and smoother and easier. I do apologise for the comment, but I feel it is so important for DIYers to realize that SMD is certainly within reach! SMD versus through-hole is only a matter of taste ...)

I spent at least 30 minutes crawling on the floor looking for the SMD capacitor I dropped before giving up and buying more. If it was a through hole capacitor I would have found it in seconds. :D

I spent at least 30 minutes crawling on the floor looking for the SMD capacitor I dropped before giving up and buying more. If it was a through hole capacitor I would have found it in seconds. :D

Hehhe ... yeah, that's true. I respectfully submit that this indeed is a matter of taste - grope around on the floor in a panic once in a while, or spend 30 minutes per build poking tiny legs through holes and flipping the board around :) Verily, both are gentlemen's sports ;)

Sorry for the OT - by the way I absolutely don't intend to diminish Cristi's excellent effort of the TA3020 kit! Most builders are indeed in favor of through-hole, and the more people that get the opportunity to try a really really good Tripath amp, the better! Kudos and cheers!

Hi Christi

I have a 650VA transformer (+/-45v). After rectification, this is +/-3v higher than the recommended voltage for the TA3030v3k w/IRPF4321 MOS-FET's.

Taking the fluctuation of mains current into consideration, do you see any issues running with a +-45v transformer @4R?

Thanks

I also prefer SMD instead of THD parts. they have better characteristics, smaller size, easier and faster assembly both manually or automatic.

For the TA3020v3K the supply voltage can be in range of +-42V to +-60V. at +-45V can get about 200W on 4R and 100W on 8R. make sure the voltage will not drop below +-38V otherwise the undervoltage protection will mute the amp.

For the TA3020v3K the supply voltage can be in range of +-42V to +-60V. at +-45V can get about 200W on 4R and 100W on 8R. make sure the voltage will not drop below +-38V otherwise the undervoltage protection will mute the amp.

Hi Cristi. What I mean is, I have a +-45v (AC) transformer, so I'll end up with around +-63v DC (+-3v more than spec).

Thanks for your reply

That's a 2x45V AC transformer. +-63V is too much, could work but not safe and will trip the overvoltage protection often when the volume is loud and there is low-frequency content. this voltage is suitable for IRS2092-400W amplifiers, the sound is at least as good as tripath.

That's great to know. I was considering an IRS2092 board for this transformer before I saw your new 3020

Thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.