• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Class D Audio Amplifiers

It Works... mute cable connected to nothing.
Absolutly no noise ! ultra dynamic and very detailled sound on my Central Speaker Davis Acoustic MV. Associed with a smps800, the IRS2096 module 600W version give me the power i needed.
It's perfect.

Many Thanks Cristi,

I 'm gonna order two new modules for my VINCI II...

The Mute pin should be connected to GND pin only when the amplifier has to be muted. in normal operation should be left floating.
Two or more power supplies can share the same switch if rated to withstand the power supply nominal and inrush current. i suggest to use a 10A switch for a single power supply unit and at least a 16A for two units. 3, 4 or more power supplies inside a single amplifier unit should be started sequentially or a power soft start circuit must be used, otherwise the mains breaker could trip due to large inrush current drawn by several power supplies powered on simultaneously.

Brian, connect the GND's on the boards rather than heatsinks, since the heatsink to board contact might not be perfect. No need to solder on the pcb, just use the existing connectors. The caps connected across Mute and GND should be ~100uF to keep the TDA89xx in mute mode till the transient is gone. Make sure the IC pad is isolated from the heatsink because is connected to V- not GND.

I'll hope this is the right place for my question:

I have a TDA8950SMPS and I would like to know what the expected output would be to bridge it to a 16 ohm load?
According to datasheet for the TDA8950 it would be 150W @ 0,5 % THD and 200W @ 10 % THD. Is that also applicable for the module I got?

Regards,

Simon H.A.

The best efficiency will be at 8R load impedance on each channel in SE mode or 16R in BTL mode. but the output power will be lower. If the speakers are used for bass only, i recommend to drive the amplifier one channel out of phase to reduce the pumping effect or use the amp in BTL mode, and speakers connected in series across the outputs of the amplifier. you can connect them in parallel too, but due to the low impedance the amp will enter in overcurrent limit at high output.

DA-1 or alternative

Hello Christi!

I am interested in refitting an already existing Class D amp based on two UcD 180 ST modules with one (stereo) or two of your modules. The amp powers two of those: ADM Mystery PA Center, and the UcD are not capable of running the speakers at very (very!) high volume.

I have my eyes on the DA-1, but please correct me if another module would be better suited.

Goals:
- Stereo amplifier with more than 200 W per channel at 8 ohms
- At least the same sound quality than with the UcD ST modules

If the DA-1 really would be the best bet for me, what of your SMPS modules would be the best fit (running with the maximul possible voltage of 72V)?

Thank you for your answers,

Arndt

Last edited:
IRS2092 based amps

Cristi

Other than output power ratings and power supply requirements, what are the main differences between the IRS2092 Modular Amplifier, CxD300-8R, and CxD400?

Upon receiving your answer, I will contact you via PM regarding an opportunity you may be interested.

Cheers,

D

All three modules are based on IRS2092 ic with some differences. The IRS2092 modular amplifier Connexelectronic features speaker protection circuit with on-board rely, and is mounted on a 64x100x18mm heatsink, the total height is ~30mm up to 38mm, and it can be installed into 1RU unit.
CxD400 module Connexelectronic has smaller footprint, 50mm wide, 100mm long and ~30mm tall, does not have on board speaker protection circuit, but has balanced input, complete protection set (under-votlage, over-voltage, over-temperature, over-current) and requires only one differential voltage. the output power is scalable depending on the supply voltage and if instead the two small heatsinks, on heatslug is used, the output power can be higher, up to 600W on 4R with proper cooling.
CxD300-8R uses the very popular IRFI4020 for up to 300W on 8R or IRFI4019 for up to 200W on 8R dual transistor. the board size is just 35x95mm, and is probably the smallest board available, with the best price performance ratio.

Please contact me by mail for further discussions.