4th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2007 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th March 2007, 08:04 PM   #1
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
Just noticed jackinnj has registered. Perhaps we should name it World DIY2007.

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
I'm still waiting for the Canadians...
It is interesting that this has come up....The 1st date that has popped up for the 4th annual Vancouver Island diyFEST is the weekend of July 28 -- the same as UKdiy07. I wonder if the same date is a good idea or whether it could be exploited for global promotion of diy (an austral-asia event on the same weekend would give 3 concurrent diy events spaced 8 hours apart around the world).

Tying the events together using the internet could turn these events into the start of World diyFEST.

The UK event seems more formal with all the presentations & such, if preperation were made ahead of time, these could also be made available to the VI event in close to real time, and provided for general consumption by diyers everywhere.

Might even poke us to come up with a presentation or 2.

dave
Old 8th March 2007, 08:31 PM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by EC8010
B]Everyone[/B] waits for the Canadians - they're so laid back they're almost horizontal. I visited Toronto
Keep in mind the TO is probably the most hectic & frenzied place in Canada. People from TO think Vancouver is laid back (& clean), & people from Victoria think Vancouver is hectic & call it the big smoke.

Sounds like when you make it here, we'll have to give you a valium (or the local natural equivalent) to give you a head start in getting down to speed

dave
Old 8th March 2007, 09:37 PM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Scott,

I saw your moniker in my email and was sure you were coming in to defend Canadian beer

dave
Old 8th March 2007, 10:13 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

July 28th sounds great to me

Presentations? You mean we're going to become more than a group that just drinks beer and trades jokes with Terry?

3 days should be about right for us westcoast Canucks to do what takes the European's 8 hours or so to get done

Cheers!
Old 8th March 2007, 10:39 PM   #5
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Dave, since you brought it up, I'll leave it to you to split all the Canadian stuff out into its own thread, just to keep things neat.
Old 8th March 2007, 10:45 PM   #6
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: CDN Beer

Quote:
Originally posted by SCD
They fall in love with Canada and Canadians and want to stay. "Oh it is so beautiful here" and "You people are so laid back and lovable" etc you know the story.

And even Canadians come to Vancouver Island and don't want to go home... my brother came for a weelend & stayed 6 months, and i can't count the number that came for a visit and only went home long enuff to pack...

dave

unimportant trivia

Vancouver Island 32,134 km^2 with ~ 600k people (18 2/3 people per km^2)
UK 244,820 km^2 with ~ 61M people (249 people per km^2)
Old 10th March 2007, 10:03 AM   #7
TerryO is online now TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

Dave and all the crew in Northern Cascadia,

I talked to Kevin Haskins this evening and it looks like we can make it early Saturday (I'll probably spend Friday night at Chateau Haskins, it's a pretty hectic drive to Pt. Angeles after work on Fridays). Kevin's got some stuff for "Show and Tell" and I'll try to have a finished project to show to Chris, at least if the shock won't be too much for him. If you think otherwise, let me know and I'll just go with my normal routine and build the whole thing there!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Best Regards,
TerryO
PS: What are we going to use now that Cal's "Pee Tree" fell over?

Old 10th March 2007, 06:49 PM   #8
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TerryO
Dave and all the crew in Northern Cascadia,

I talked to Kevin Haskins this evening and it looks like we can make it early Saturday (I'll probably spend Friday night at Chateau Haskins, it's a pretty hectic drive to Pt. Angeles after work on Fridays). Kevin's got some stuff for "Show and Tell" and I'll try to have a finished project to show to Chris, at least if the shock won't be too much for him. If you think otherwise, let me know and I'll just go with my normal routine and build the whole thing there!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Best Regards,
TerryO
PS: What are we going to use now that Cal's "Pee Tree" fell over?

Good to here you'll be coming & dragging Kevin along with you (i was just talking with a local last night about one of Kevin's amps and i'm sure he'll be thrilled to touch flesh.

As to pee trees, there are still lots left, you'll just need to venture a bit deeper into the forest (and watch out for the killer house cats)

dave

PS: looks like the 4th annual VI diyFEST has started already --- i'll break it off soon.

Vikash has also been kind enuff to do a clone of the UK event's website and i'll post a URL as soon as i've had a chance to make it look like the Pacific Northwest.
Old 10th March 2007, 07:06 PM   #9
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

PS. you should bring your project finished so you have more time being social
Old 10th March 2007, 07:18 PM   #10
doorman is offline doorman  Canada
diyAudio Member

Looking forward to it, Dave (should I bring a generator? )
Don

Hide this!Advertise here!