Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

Possibly

Depends on date / time / location

Since I am off from Friday (the 21st) for two weeks, anytime is fine for me;). Regarding location, I have no preference. We can pick a more "centrally-located" one (near the higway?) that is convenient to everyone that plans to come. Preferably some place that has power source readily avialble. In the past, deciding on a location always take some work. Let's work it out this time.

Regards,

Coffee shop again? Somewhere off the highway would be nice, so it's easy for a bunch of us to come?

I am fine with that. Every thing went well last time at that mid town Starbuck, until Joe pulled out his surplus stuffs and money started to change hands. The advantage with Starbuck was that there are usually power outlets that allow some headphone listening.

The large mall food court idea is good too. Since our planned date is after X'mas, I do not think the mall will be that busy.

OK, let bounce some ideas on the location. I suspected that some place close to one of the major Hwy like 401, 400, or 404 would be acceptable to everyone?
With this preference in mind, any suggestions?

Gentlemen,

By now I hope all the festive meals (or what's left of them) were all conusmed and all the eggnog in the punch bowl were gone!! Hope everyone enjoyed the excitement of Boxing Day Shopping (the malls were so packed, even worse than Dec 24th) - survey showed that 69% of all Ontarians went out to look for bargain on the 26th.

With all these behind us now, has anyone given any thoughts on our meet up this Sunday (30th)? I suggest we meet around 1 pm. We still need a venue though. Any suggestions? Coffee shops, food fair in malls, whatever. We need to finalise soon so anyyone that plans to come can make arrangements, if needed.

Regards,

How about this:

43.829597,-79.53738

Starbuck's south side of Rutherford (south of Canadian Tire)

3191 Rutherford Rd
Concord, ON L4K 0A3, Canada

North side of Vaughan Mills Outlet‎ Mall

I saw it. It is in the same building as Babyland. I am fine with it. It is close to Hwy 400. Anyone else has any other suggestions, Ikoflexer, wlowes, mortron, merlin2693?

Regards,

Dug,

I suggest let's wait till tomorrow mid morning (~10 am) and see any other folks would like to join us before making the final decision? I hope that's OK with you.

I am re-posting the meeting info here for clarification

Venue:-

Starbuck coffee shop
South side of Rutherford (south of Canadian Tire)
North of Vaughan Mills Outlet‎ Mall
3191 Rutherford Rd
Concord, ON L4K 0A3, Canada

Date:-

December 30th (Sunday) ~ 1 pm