The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Variac said:

..............Now the battle is to get Variac's F4's up and running....made practically a new box, which is being finished as I type this.

Magura :)

pity that I didn't send him two of these ......... one perfectly good for F4 channel

btw - that means that his beauty Marine style "case" is out ?

I hoped that we'll see rudder on it ..........

Attachments

• good4f4.jpg
    good4f4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 381
I would have been there for sure, but I happen to have a major application roll out this weekend. (real job).

I would love to attend anything in the South/Southeast.

I am hoping we can organize a mid-south burning amp type festival, in fact I have been contacted about just such an idea. :) I hope it comes to pass.

Would love to put faces to names and gear.

Cheers!
Russ

Joined 2002
Paid Member
hifiZen said:
So, sadly, I will skip bringing the Rakk DAC and squeezebox. Guess we'll have to do some follow-up parties! :D

Anyway, I'll need a source for my demo, and I guess that opens up one time slot for someone else(?)

Chad,
I'll be bringing a squeezebox and Pedja Rojic nonoversampling DAC just in case it's needed in our slot or elsewhere.

See you in a few hours.

---Gary

hifiZen said:

Anyway, I'll need a source for my demo, and I guess that opens up one time slot for someone else(?)

Then I will bring a known good systems for the Transporter

(laptop , router, external HD, powerstrip + Ethernet cable etc) so thats both a digital transport + Dac / analog outs + SB3)

Not so much that I want the slot, but its a known good source if we need one for someones dac / amp / speakers
see you there ....

And don't forget some photos! Just not large files, 'cause I'm at home.
Cueing:
Johnny Cash, 'Burning Ring of Fire'
Elvis, 'Burning Love'
Brian Eno, 'Baby's On Fire'
Warren Zevon, 'I Was In the House When the House Burned Down'
Lyric Segment:
I had the sh*t till it all got smoked
I kept the promise till the vow got broke
I had to drink from the lovin' cup
I stood on the banks till the river rose up
I saw the bride in her wedding gown
I was in the house when the house burned down

Burn that 'house' down, boys!
:hot:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Mongo -

My wife (born and raised in Nashville TN) is still pxxxed about the last guy from "out of state" that came down "South" and started burning stuff!! :hot:

Yes Indeed - I sense a disturbance in the "Force" - and something is up for getting a meet going in the SE states. Code name "The Sxxxkickers Ball". :D
:cheers:

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

I only had to read that far to know who was really writing:smash:

Have a great day guys!

Zen Mod said:

Off Topic Mob in action ............ they posessed Chieff Mod

:devilr:

Thanks Marc, and thanks for the present......there is a anti present on it's way before I leave S.F.

.....and yes, you got that right Choky, the OT gang now have the chief mod under the thumb, and a few other mods are up against the wall ;)

Magura :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.