The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wonder if Nelson is driving a Ford F-250 Hybrid?

I want a complete report and PHOTOS of the goings on! Especially if SY wears one of those horrid Pumpkin Halloween outfits during his presentations. :Pumpkin:

It is 39 F. and raining in Salt Lake. 2 feet of snow in the mountains with an inch dusting the benches tonight. I guess we had a very short autumn out in the American West.

Have fun, guys!

Lyndon
Salt Lake City
:witch:

Dear Santa Pass,

I have always believed in you and your diesel reindeer sleigh.
I don't have a stocking to hang up but can I bring my chest waders?
I will be there, trying not to look stupid and uneducated. I'm bringing Diy silver interconnects and Seas Thor custom speakers.
I wish the whole DIYAUDIO website could be there.

Pictures comming soon
Ron

I just came back form my workplace, haven gotten the last of my Burning Amp projects up and running - my first tube amp, no less. It makes a fair amount of racket for such a small pakage. I'm looking forward to turning it loose on some efficient speakers tomorrow.

A question - the RIAA preamp I'm bringing currently has no input loading capacitor. For right now, I'm considering installing 47k5 and 270pF for load tresistor and capacitor unless someone squawks soon....

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
wrenchone said:
I just came back form my workplace, haven gotten the last of my Burning Amp projects up and running - my first tube amp, no less. It makes a fair amount of racket for such a small pakage. I'm looking forward to turning it loose on some efficient speakers tomorrow.

A question - the RIAA preamp I'm bringing currently has no input loading capacitor. For right now, I'm considering installing 47k5 and 270pF for load tresistor and capacitor unless someone squawks soon....

do not solder both ends of that input cap ; bring iron with you to BAF - you really don't know what cartridge you'll find there.... unless you aren't TT carrying man ;)

wrenchone ,
Many current cartridges use 250pF . The connecting cables are at least 120pf and with connector capacitance might total 150pf .
So you'd better not excede 100pF total at your preamp input. So add some pF depending on your circuit input capacitance . Maybe 47 to 100pF max ?
As Zen Mod says , carry your iron and some extra R's and C's.

Have a great time guys. We'll be waiting to hear from you.
Cheers,
Ashok.

Still soldering! :eek: :bawling:

So the metalwork took way longer than I was hoping, in fact I've been cutting, drilling, punching and tapping all day, and only started soldering the pieces together inside the chassis less than an hour ago.

1st casualty will be the internal power supply - no big deal, I'll just bring the bench supplies and run it off that. 2nd casualty will probably be the Rakk DAC, though. At this point, I just don't think I'll have time to hook it all up with input and output switching etc... gotta get some sleep! So, sadly, I will skip bringing the Rakk DAC and squeezebox. Guess we'll have to do some follow-up parties! :D

Anyway, I'll need a source for my demo, and I guess that opens up one time slot for someone else(?)

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Zen Mod said:

better get some sleep ;)

it's better for you to arrive on BAF in one piece without few gadgets , than vice versa ...

Well Choky, we (I and Anatech) just wrapped up your pathetic little pre. Now the battle is to get Variac's F4's up and running....made practically a new box, which is being finished as I type this.

Vladimir has a couple of pics for you, of your skimpy pre in the final stage.

Magura :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Variac said:

Well Choky, we (I and Anatech) just wrapped up your pathetic little pre. Now the battle is to get Variac's F4's up and running....made practically a new box, which is being finished as I type this.

Vladimir has a couple of pics for you, of your skimpy pre in the final stage.

Magura :)

ha!!!!

false pathetic chief mod :captain: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clown:

where are the pics??

gimmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.