D AMP is back !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is pic of hi quality clip :D (20V/div, 5ms/div). 45V per rail at idle, 6 ohm resistive load. Fets: doubled irfb23nd15, bootstrap capacitor 4,7uF. IR2110 still live ;)

Attachments

• 20v_5ms.jpg
    20v_5ms.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,819
Bender.ru said:
Here is pic of hi quality clip :D (20V/div, 5ms/div). 45V per rail at idle, 6 ohm resistive load. Fets: doubled irfb23nd15, bootstrap capacitor 4,7uF. IR2110 still live ;)

Great results Bender!

IR2110 Still alive......
The gate charge of the mosfets is also lower, there by facilitating easy charging/discharging...

Gyula said:
The phase margin is defined for linear systems.

Switching amps needs other control theory? Sorry, I didn't know about it. :)
What i mean, when i tell "easier to evaluate on the square wave": ringing around clipping, looks like ringing on the square wave, so i often use clipping for faster evaluating of the amp stability, but on the square wave, even little ringing will more noticeable. See attached picture, this is a carrier based class D (specially detuned), after filter feedback, loop gain 82db@1kHz.

Attachments

• ringing.png
    ringing.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,747
During the clipping, the system is nonlinear. You can evaluate the stability of a linear system with every signal have infinite spectrum. When your simulator's output can follow the input within the supply range, the system become linear, and the error signal has a transition at least in its first derivative. Signals have transition in themselves or in either of their derivatives have infinite spectrum. The square wave have a spectrum attenuate with -20 dB/decade. The signals have transition in their first derivative have a spectrum attenuate with -40 dB/decade. So the frequency component around the system's bandwith is smaller. By the way, sometimes the switching circuits should have additional methods beyond the linear control theory, maybe even for a simple DC-DC converter.

Hi all.
Switching frequency ~110kHz, residual ~0.5V, that's way it can't be recognized at screenshot (20V/div).
Ringnig at clipping appears at high frequencies ( 2..3k or higher, btw, output filter has equal freq cut, L~0.18mH,C=2.2uF ), but it's only subw amp, so it didn't trouble me...yet :clown: .

Gyula, but i can't evaluate the stability of a linear system with every signal, that have infinite spectrum, e.g. triangle or noise. :) BTW, i've several books (on the my HD) positioned as "Theory of automatic control", and each of these books includes ANY kind of control systems. Extremely worthness reading, after all i guess, that something new, in this theory, just an impossible for last 30-50 years.

Hi all!

Let's help comrade Bender take pre-filter FB :angel: !

What we (i) have: classic half-bridge output (up to 60v per rail) & classic PWM with triangle gen (osc freq~100kHz). Simple schematic shown on pic.

What we(i) need: stable pre-filter FB, output range 20Hz-1Khz, load 4-8Ohm.

IVX, phase_accurate, Pierre i know together we can do it:smash:!

Attachments

• prefb.png
    prefb.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,632
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.