• IMG_6127b.jpg
    IMG_6127b.jpg
    820.9 KB · Views: 2,547
  • IMG_6122b.jpg
    IMG_6122b.jpg
    834.4 KB · Views: 1,183
info

Hi
I bought the same amp. I see you changed the input caps with Sonicaps. That's the exact modification i want to do. Did you find any difference in the sound quality ? By the way , very nice box.
Thanks

I replaced the stock input caps with Gen1 2uf Sonicaps bypassed by Gen2 .1uf. Also pulled the pot and wired the input directly to the caps. I am knocked out by the sound on my modded MMGs.

TK2050front.jpg

TK2050rear.jpg

TK2050Sonicaps.jpg

My HifiMeDiy T2 2x100 amp.

Finished my HifiMeDiy T2 2x100 amp.
The box is painted in black glossy color and it comes from a broken pc dvd driver.
Front panel is a nice piece of wood that comes from my sons toys.
Sound is perfect with no mods & it is driven by a tube-class "A" pre-amp using 2x ECC88CC Siemens tubes from the 70's.
Vassilis

;)

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 550
The power supply is the Exodus MCH from diycable.com
DIYCable.com : Intro » Home » Exodus/Hypex Amps » Amp Parts »

The transformer was handmade in a workshop in my city. Flat but wide.

The transfomer has a Noratel passed sticker on the top so I suspect it is from Noratel - made in Sri lanka or India , but offices all over europe - Distelec have quite a few in stock

Noratel - transformer, reactor and power supply

But I can not find this one there web site - but may that distrelec sell ae not on the noratel web site

The box is painted in black glossy color and it comes from a broken pc dvd driver.
Sound is perfect with no mods & it is driven by a tube-class "A" pre-amp using 2x ECC88CC Siemens tubes from the 70's.
Vassilis

;)

Nice use of recycled parts and nice outcome! I recognize those rubber feet, use them on my amps all the time.

Vassilis

;)

forgot to mention that it is powered by a mw 27dc power supply.

@NWBoater

I'd recommend McMaster-Carr $0.60 ea for a pack of 25.

McMaster-Carr

P/N 9540K38

And if you can accept 3/4" instead of 1" diameter the price drops in half from that... P/N: 9540K49

-Steve

Thanks Steve. McMaster Carr is a great resource, but at this time I don't need anything else from them. Shipping etc to Canada is expensive so will probably go with the Parts Express ones because I'll be getting other stuff for the amp from them. Will sure keep McMaster Carr in mind for the future though.

Only thing I'm not sure of getting from Parts Express though is the 50k audio taper dual volume pot 50K Audio Taper Stereo Potentiometer 1/4" Shaft 023-650 Trying to decide if something else may really be better - only thing I can think of is the linearity between the 2 sections to maintain stereo balance. But perhaps asking about the need for better volume control quality is a little like asking about Interconnects!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Rod

Only thing I'm not sure of getting from Parts Express though is the 50k audio taper dual volume pot 50K Audio Taper Stereo Potentiometer 1/4" Shaft 023-650 Trying to decide if something else may really be better - only thing I can think of is the linearity between the 2 sections to maintain stereo balance. But perhaps asking about the need for better volume control quality is a little like asking about Interconnects!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Rod

something like an Alps RK97 will probably be a lot nicer for you, and definitely have a lot better balance between the channels..

something like an Alps RK97 will probably be a lot nicer for you, and definitely have a lot better balance between the channels..

Thanks much - will probably go that way. Interesting that in the Mouser catalog they call the mounting style "Through Hole" instead of panel mount. It has threads and hopefully they are a standard size so that I can panel mount it.

Rod

Thanks much - will probably go that way. Interesting that in the Mouser catalog they call the mounting style "Through Hole" instead of panel mount. It has threads and hopefully they are a standard size so that I can panel mount it.

Rod

The "Through hole" mounting style is for the connector pins, meaning that they are designed to be installed in a printed circuit board(vs point to point solder lugs on the Parts express part). There's nothing stopping you from mounting the pot itself on a panel, and connecting wires to the pins though (and that is actually how I am doing it for some headphone amps myself). You can get all of the physical measurements of the part from the documents on the Mouser site (or at Alps themselves) to get the hole size for the panel(which I also needed to do..) ;)