SMPS for ZAPpulse?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The price is not all that bad? The layout looks funny though, and I hate the fan that's on there...

If this is regulated, does it mean you don't need caps anymore (or just small ones) between smps and the modules? Seems nice for UcD...

There's bigger & smaller amps as well.

The 2400 seems to have 20A in the 60/0/60 version... that's a lot of juice!

Yves Smolders said:
The price is not all that bad? The layout looks funny though, and I hate the fan that's on there...

If this is regulated, does it mean you don't need caps anymore (or just small ones) between smps and the modules? Seems nice for UcD...

There's bigger & smaller amps as well.

The 2400 seems to have 20A in the 60/0/60 version... that's a lot of juice!

Hello all,

From the looks of the picture on the website, it looks that the output LC filter uses a quite small cap. That may not be bad, however, if you add additional caps, you may end up with oscillations as the feedback loop (for the regulation) may be optimized for a certain capacitive load. To keep things stable when more caps are added, you may need to change the feedback loop. Note that each UcD module also has power supply decoupling caps on board which add to the capacitive load. Maybe someone has tried this supply as I have seen this supply mentioned in some of the other threads. Would be interesting to know what peoples experiences are.

Best regards

Gertjan

I asked some days ago at coldamp (www.coldamp.com) for their "soon to come" offline SMPS. They told me that it was going to be ready for the 1st quarter of 2006, and gave me some specifications such as power and size, quite small by the way:
About 800W (+/-60V and +/-15V aux) and around 140x170x38mm if I remember ok. I recall that I though it could be very interesting for 1U racks!

Hope this helps,
Best regards
Pierre

Jan-Peter said:
The product of ALAB Pro is not very impressive......

And if I read the other thread whereby it seems to be a copy from QSC, if this true..........:smash:

No more comments from my site!

Jan-Peter

Hi Jan-Peter,
I really cannot understand why you don't develop a good smps yourself (i.e. the people of your company). How is it possible that you are able to develop a fine class d amp module, which is used by high quality amp manufacturers (a.o. Hevos bass amplification) and you don't know how to make a matching smps (like Hevos apparently DID manage to do). Sadly, but understandingly, Hevos will not reveal any details on this PSU, but it is a complete mystery why you people have failed to find a solution on this [edit: or maybe didn't even try...].
Otherwise, best regards,
JZ

Joep Zonnebloem said:

Hi Jan-Peter,
I really cannot understand why you don't develop a good smps yourself (i.e. the people of your company). How is it possible that you are able to develop a fine class d amp module, which is used by high quality amp manufacturers (a.o. Hevos bass amplification) and you don't know how to make a matching smps (like Hevos apparently DID manage to do). Sadly, but understandingly, Hevos will not reveal any details on this PSU, but it is a complete mystery why you people have failed to find a solution on this.
Otherwise, best regards,
JZ

Hi,

I'd think before making such a cutting post you'd make the effort to be aware of the facts?

Here's a few for you. They are making one, you won't be able to get it.

Regards,
Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.