The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

You will be surprised how good this combination will sound. There are several pro-audio applications what use with great success this combination. Customer feedback is excellent, very solid and low THD, low frequency reproduction.

I'm going to try it despite you being a CEO of Hypex :) (Every saint's palms are facing towards themselves). :D ;)

At least that's my plan right now.

@Vortex, just checked in the Hypex Shop, and isn't two FS502 (bridged to one output 1000w of headroom?) very similar in price to a pair of the 2k amps with single Power supply. For a similar price, I don't know how they compare, but having DSP/inputs etc in front and pre-made is rarely a bad thing?

I'd rather stick to the 1-amp version for the bass part. I mean 1 per side. The biggest Hypex will be just perfect with its 1600W @ 8 Ohms for the 2000W RMS capable RCF. Headroom is not an issue, I'll normally need way less as a maximum too, especially on normal listening levels. Maybe I'm going to "stress" the bass section with some EQ when watching movies but most of the time bass will be at around +0...+3dB compared to mids, with a nice smooth decreasing slope 'til the 1st crossover point (125 or 150Hz, listening will tell).

Some kind of small Fletcher-Munson compensation.. but not big. Same for the tweeter. All with DSP, adjusting the freq. curve, I leave gain pots matched to flat SPL on the amps themselves at fist.

This is an active system, DSP will take care of crossover too so at the end I'll have 6 analog outputs to amplify with 6 monoblocks for the whole 3-way stereo setup. The 2 Hypex class D-s will serve the 2 RCF bass drivers (1xL, 1xR).

I'm not sure what your question was.. anyway I hope you got the answer. ;)

Last edited:
I'm planning to make 4 separate Peerless SLS12 subs around the room. They only need 100W to reach Xmax. Would a single FA252 run them well, 125W each yes? Do I have two separate DSP channels to adjust phase/delay stuff for a pair or subs? Not sure if 2 x FA122 would be a better option, it would allow indivial settings for each sub?

@hege, would you want left and right channels, or down-mixed? The plate amps can only be left or right, not work as a stereo amp.

I would also check the ohms, Hypex rate their amps at 4 Ohms I believe, so that 252 is 2x 250w at 4 Ohm or 2x 125w at 8Ohms.

So I would think single plate amps would be better if possible. Or 252 running 2 left subs and another running the rights.

This is all new to me, so do forgive me if I'm wrong.

@hege, would you want left and right channels, or down-mixed? The plate amps can only be left or right, not work as a stereo amp.

Yes this is a bit confusing feature. I guess I wouldn't mind running everything in mono since I'm planning to run only like 30-70hz. But perhaps PSC2.400 would be a more flexible choice. Or then I'll just get some MiniDSP and 2-4 chan amp.. hmm yeah that's probably less hassle anyway than boxing a plate amp or two.

Last edited:
@JAN_PETER:

could you post a photo or two of the FA503 rear?
I am desperately trying to find out where the connection terminals are placed. All I can find is this rendering online which doesn't really reveal anything.
Asking because I would like to proceed with my project and drill holes for the cables into the cabinet accommodating the amps.
I expect them to be in the lower third but better safe than sorry .. :rolleyes:

@JAN_PETER:

could you post a photo or two of the FA503 rear?
I am desperately trying to find out where the connection terminals are placed. All I can find is this rendering online which doesn't really reveal anything.
Asking because I would like to proceed with my project and drill holes for the cables into the cabinet accommodating the amps.
I expect them to be in the lower third but better safe than sorry .. :rolleyes:

Here you go... (picture of an internal engineering sample);

Attachments

• 503-1.JPG
    503-1.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 743
  • 503-2.JPG
    503-2.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 744