The New Hypex Fusion Plate amps

Jan-Peter, have a question that I can't find in the docs anywhere:

Would the NCore modules in the FA123 (125 @ 4 ohm) be happy with a 2 ohm load? I've seen some threads here suggesting NCore are happy (happier?) with 2 ohm loads, but those threads were discussing modules with higher wattage.

Thanks!

and what about the FA503?
I should be one of the first one who ordered these as I was placing the order just a few minutes after they went online

Also next week shipping.

Jan-Peter, have a question that I can't find in the docs anywhere:

Would the NCore modules in the FA123 (125 @ 4 ohm) be happy with a 2 ohm load? I've seen some threads here suggesting NCore are happy (happier?) with 2 ohm loads, but those threads were discussing modules with higher wattage.

Thanks!

Yes, they can run in 2 ohm. However there is a risk the current protection kicks in and if for a too long period too much power the thermal protection.

... and that is without room-specific EQ

We will put this on the 'nice to have list'.

I have just purchased a phono pre amp (Schiit Mani) but just wondering if anyone has tried to use RIAA Eq with the Hypex DSP and if its possible to use the new Fusion amps as as a turnable pre-amp and avoid the use of a phono pre-amp. This will be the only use for the RCA connectors in the Fusion, so I'm not worried about the filters being applied to say a CD player or similar.

Just a thought, I have seen people implement it with MiniDSP, and lots of back and forth again about IIR and FIR, but keen to know if any Hypex fans know if its possible and also worthwhile.

Thanks again in advance.

I have just purchased a phono pre amp (Schiit Mani) but just wondering if anyone has tried to use RIAA Eq with the Hypex DSP and if its possible to use the new Fusion amps as as a turnable pre-amp and avoid the use of a phono pre-amp. This will be the only use for the RCA connectors in the Fusion, so I'm not worried about the filters being applied to say a CD player or similar.

Thanks again in advance.

Having read the manual (not more) and played around with the software, I'd say: yes, you can make one filter with the RIAA curve additional to the standard filters you will have (that form the main filter in use).

I expect the S/N of the ADC is good enough for the 20 dB loss. You will need a lineair amplifier to create a 2 V RMS line-in signal; from 0,2 mV MC it's gonna be 50-60 dB (mind allowing some overhead for overload).
Then . . you can have the turntable at line level on e.g. the analog RCA, and as soon as that is the only input, the forlter assigned to that input is sepelected, and presto, . . you have a seamless source strategy.

When talking about DIY and being offtopic.. - a question to all of you Hypex knowers: for a big 3-way active system, would a pair of Hypex UCD2K (with Hypex SMPS3K) play nice with 2 big 21" RCF PA woofer together ? (1 amp + 1 woofer per side). Power is not a question, both are heavyweight league but can the UCD2K be called an audiophile-grade amplifier (for bass only) ?

When talking about DIY and being offtopic.. - a question to all of you Hypex knowers: for a big 3-way active system, would a pair of Hypex UCD2K (with Hypex SMPS3K) play nice with 2 big 21" RCF PA woofer together ? (1 amp + 1 woofer per side). Power is not a question, both are heavyweight league but can the UCD2K be called an audiophile-grade amplifier (for bass only) ?

You will be surprised how good this combination will sound. There are several pro-audio applications what use with great success this combination. Customer feedback is excellent, very solid and low THD, low frequency reproduction.