TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

What's the filtered output feeding? 100uF won't have low enough ESR unless a polymer (which will be an expensive solution). Better to add some ceramics in parallel with the 'lytic.

Isn't this information a bit useless without knowing the impedance curve of the cap and the switching frequency + ripple current of the converter?

You can get 100uF with 1R at 100kHz and/or 30mR at 100kHz.. both are 100uF. :confused:

It might give 16dB attenuation at 52kHz, if the 22uF isn't an el-cheapo.

What ESR did you assumed within the formula?

Isn't this information a bit useless without knowing the impedance curve of the cap and the switching frequency + ripple current of the converter?

It was a seat-of-the-pants guesstimate, so it could indeed be useless. We know the switching freq (52kHz) - why would we need the ripple current? I was assuming that this was an LC after the buck converter - perhaps my assumption's wrong.

You can get 100uF with 1R at 100kHz and/or 30mR at 100kHz.. both are 100uF. :confused:

I'm interested in the 100uF/16V with 30mohm ESR which isn't a polymer. Link please?

What ESR did you assumed within the formula?

I assumed 1ohm ESR for the 22uF.

Test fitting the Rev 1.B. :xmastree:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9869_960.jpg
    IMG_9869_960.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,236
  • IMG_9875_960.jpg
    IMG_9875_960.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,957
Compared to Rev 1.A. it does have an interchangeable analog-frontend and dual supply for the frontend via Flybuck. (+-15V)

The board works for all Akita TPA32XX with thermal-pad up but not the "Boxster" chips like TPA3221.

Compared to the REV 1.A it is meant to be used with PFFB at all times.

Differencies to Rev 1.A.:
- Analog Supply
- Flybuck IC at 950kHz
- HF decoupling
- GND layout
- PFFB layout
- Analog frontend
- Signal coupling

doctormord,

Will the analog input module work with the earlier version of the TPA325x PCB I purchased? I am also very interested in the PFFB implementation based on the TI white paper.

I recently moved again for my work, so my lab is stored away for now, but I intend to build the TPA3255 amp once everything settles down. I am using gmarsh's Wiener 2.0 TPA3118 PBTL amp to drive a pair of KEF LS50 monitors, and frankly, I am surprised at how well this relatively low powered Class D amp works with these 85dB sensitive speakers. I suspect that the 13dB gain from from my Audio Research LS7 line stage preamp helps, but the Wiener amp fed with a decent amount of current from my linear regulated power supply is able to deal with the KEF impedance as well.

I would expect the TPA3255 with a more powerful power supply would work well with the KEF speakers.