Need wiring help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please help before I pull out what little hair I have left :confused:
I am trying to wire a circuit that goes from ac adapter/charger to a nimh 12v, 10AA battery pack to a switch and led light then to a Sure 2024 amp. I have spent hrs. trying to get it right but there is something that is escaping me. A simple diagram would be so much appreciated.

Thanks!

Please help before I pull out what little hair I have left :confused:
I am trying to wire a circuit that goes from ac adapter/charger to a nimh 12v, 10AA battery pack to a switch and led light then to a Sure 2024 amp. I have spent hrs. trying to get it right but there is something that is escaping me. A simple diagram would be so much appreciated.

Thanks!

You trying to power the amp through the LED?

Battery '-' to '-' or 'ground' (earth) terminal AND the 'cathode' (look it up) of the LED. '+' terminal of battery to one terminal of the switch. Second terminal of the switch to '+' or 'power' on the amp AND a resistor of at least 1000 ohms. Other terminal of the resistor connects to the 'anode' of the LED. More then 2 terminals on the switch? Either get a 2 pin switch or figure out which 2 to use.

Presto. Get some Rogaine to grow back the hair and enjoy the amp.

Thanks Stratus
I think I have completed the wiring as per your instructions. Please look at the diagram and tell me if I have it right.
There a 2 problems-
1- the voltage at the amp is only around 9v although the supply is supposed to be 12v
2- it doesn't work at all off the battery even though the green light is on on the charger

Attachments

• Portable power wiring.pdf
    47.2 KB · Views: 42
Is this what you would like to do?

Attachments

• bat-sw-amp.JPG
    bat-sw-amp.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 45
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.