Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the nc400 have some kind of dc-protection circuit?
I am playing with the idea of bypassing the output caps on my Oppo BDP-105, that I have directly connected to my nCore monoblocks.
But they say there is a little bit of dc when turning the Oppo on-off, that is why they added output caps.

No, any DC offset on the input gets amplified. I suggest leaving the caps in place.

No, you can never wye two outputs into one input (neither balanced or unbalanced) the first output will see the second output as a dead short. You will need some sort of a switching arrangement or summing network.

RaneNote "Why Not Wye? "
Why Not Wye?

He isn't summing the input signals, he just wants multiple inputs (for what reason, who knows?) and will only use one at a time.

He isn't summing the input signals, he just wants multiple inputs (for what reason, who knows?) and will only use one at a time.

Yes, that is correct.

The reason has to do with my last attempt to keep a video system tied in with my two channel stereo. I have gravitated to a DAC (PS Audio PWD mk2) direct to amplifier configuration for two channel listening. I like it enough that I don't want to have to insert a pre-amplifier back into the chain. But that leaves me with the front left and right outputs of a home theater processor that I have to get into the amp. Without two inputs on the amp, I would have to resort to plugging and unplugging cables which is a pain.

Believe me, in the back of my mind I'd just like to separate the two systems altogether, however, I have limited space outside of the dedicated, and tuned room they are currently located in.

So, having two inputs on the amp would be huge... would have built the ncores long ago if I felt comfortable doing this.

Hope that sheds light as to the why.

Status
Not open for further replies.