Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help please with my build. :)

The Mogami cable... White goes to #3, Blue to #2, #1 goes to chassis ground.

Here is where I need help. The braided shield goes to the same ground point as where #1 ground to chassis is located?

--Also there is a thin black cable on the mogami...it goes where, what is it for?

Thanks!

Help please with my build. :)

The Mogami cable... White goes to #3, Blue to #2, #1 goes to chassis ground.

Here is where I need help. The braided shield goes to the same ground point as where #1 ground to chassis is located?

--Also there is a thin black cable on the mogami...it goes where, what is it for?

Thanks!

Then thin black cable is the nAmpOn, which when connected to the ground turns the amp on. Useful if you want to have an external amp poweron/off trigger but if not then it's easiest to just connect directly to ground.

Ok thanks, I'm almost clear on this, thank you.

You said, "Best would be to have a chassis connection point that you would connect both the cable shield and pin #1 to."

Do you mean the cable shielding is not connected to pin #1 but is connected the the chassis? And then a cable is run from the chassis to pin #1?

Ok now I get it...although on page 12 they have 2 different chassis connection points. So I can have the nAmpOn, Pin #1 and cable shielding all go to the same chassis point? No difference is sound quality or any other unforeseen reason? Thanks.

No, one point should be just as good. Just remember to keep the lead between pin 1 and chassis as short and straight as possible.

For connecting XLR chassis connectors, the wire from pin #1 short. What is short? About 1 inch or 2 cm. The XLR shell is also connected to the chassis. In pro audio and broadcasting, the XLR inline cable connector is not connected to the cable shield. The thinking for this is the the shell could easily come in contact with something metal that's not at the audio system ground potential.

The IEC power inlet should also be connected to the chassis with a short wire. Short in this situation is a little bit longer. Maybe 2 inches or 5 cm.

Because the XLR chassis connectors and the IEC power inlet are never close together, the chassis connections are not close to each other either.

Remember the the XLR pin #1 is a shield connection it is not part of the audio ground system.

Status
Not open for further replies.