greetings does anyone have a schematic of gate driver ic IR2110 WITH
ta4420 ic for driving 2 pairs of mosfets
warm regards
andrew lebon

Attachments

• toten.jpg
    toten.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 1,635
Use an ipod or another decent quality audio source and for the output use fullrange speackers or speacker boxes. You will hear the difference.regards,Savu

Hi Savu i use real 24bit audio from my PC soundcard i think this is the best sound compare with ipod and other what you mentioned.And i tested audio quality with fsw=75KHz to 450KHz Speaker 12" Fullrange,no quality difference,its only pwm action happened not digital sampling;if you think like that,In digital sampling audio CD=44.1KHz DVD=48KHz and 96KHz/24bit
so i think maybe its true 125KHz to 150KHz is good for class D amp full band and somany MOSFET will support this freq.
If you think other side pls explain

Hi Savu i use real 24bit audio from my PC soundcard i think this is the best sound compare with ipod and other what you mentioned.And i tested audio quality with fsw=75KHz to 450KHz Speaker 12" Fullrange,no quality difference,its only pwm action happened not digital sampling;if you think like that,In digital sampling audio CD=44.1KHz DVD=48KHz and 96KHz/24bit
so i think maybe its true 125KHz to 150KHz is good for class D amp full band and somany MOSFET will support this freq.
If you think other side pls explain

Hello ManojtmAcording to Nyquist–Shannon the sampling frequency for audio has to be 10 times higher than the maximum frequency that the amp has to output. So in case of 22khz the sampling frequency (class d clock or selfosc frequency) must be at least 220Khz.I had bad listening experience with switching frequencies lower then 250Khz. The detail in the music was missing.Regards,Savu

Hello ManojtmAcording to Nyquist–Shannon the sampling frequency for audio has to be 10 times higher than the maximum frequency that the amp has to output. So in case of 22khz the sampling frequency (class d clock or selfosc frequency) must be at least 220Khz.I had bad listening experience with switching frequencies lower then 250Khz. The detail in the music was missing.Regards,Savu

False! Nyquist–Shannon says fs must be 2 times higher than the useful signal bandwidth, in case of periodical sampling! In case of PWM there is no exact fs requirement, only rule of thumbs, but that numbers are subjective, and depend strongly on many things!

Hi savu just you think, Digital sampling CD=44100Hz only for Full AUDIO BAND(20Hz-20KHz)
and i never read what you mentioned above, i don't know its right or wrong but i can strongly say that there is not much difference feel when you change freq.if you use a good design with all supporting component.my last design class d i used 130KHz just made and check the clarity.

hi luka, I am not blessed with GOLDEN EAR !!!!
MP3 is a compressed format 96KHz is very low 320Khz is highest sample one, so you will feel the difference.
i said the real digital format (wave=44.1KHz)analog to digital converted and DVD audio 48KHz you cannot compare this with any compressed format
I didn't comment on what source you use, just for amp that some believe is enough, if it is low switching freq.... I compared it to bad and better audio file, where you CAN hear the difference, if you want to

The crocodile is longer than green. Especially the left. Meaningless comparisons.

Somebody who really knows something about ClassD audio will not make such generic statements. Especially about a never seen circuit.

An amp with low switching frequency can sound perfectly. But nobody said this is unconditional.

High fsw has advantages and disadvantages also!

I am unable to solve a failure mode of this amplifier...one mosfet always burns during protection turning on and and a very small pulse is present.With larger pulse nothing burns.
Please help..i lost over 40 transistors with this problem...:headbash:

Two caught cases

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

blue..protection rise
yallow..output

Last edited: