New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recieved the T3 today and hooked it up with a 400w 48V SMPS, it works like a charm.
Compared to my Yamaha AV reciever it's just like getting a brand new set of ears :) The clarity, the details in the music is so much better.
I can hear some very low noise from the speakers when volume is turned down but this could be related to that cables are lying in a mess around the boards right now, couldn't wait to hook them up.
Next thing is to get a case for them.

Sometimes the simple things are difficult! I was eager and in a hurry to try the T3, but realized I didn't have a vol pot, and needed to connect my dac to two T3 monos.. That made me make some of these cables and pots to make it easier to connect to two t3 monos. Not everyone will have a need for this, but for some it could come handy. I got a guy to make 100 of dual output cables from one 3p connector, and hifimediy supplies pcb's with either ctr or alps pot.

Attachments

• IMG_2917.jpg
    IMG_2917.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_2926.jpg
    IMG_2926.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 461
Greetings friends,

I am trying to put everything in a case right now, finished it this morning and measured everything before switching it on, everything looked ok.

Switch on, then after around 25 sec the green led lights for few sec and then goes off again, then on again, etc.
Measured 26.8 VDC input on board.
When music was here, it looked/heared perfect.

Do you have any idea ?
(by the way the 25 first seconds seems very long)

Thank you :)
Regards,

Last edited:
I recieved the T3 today and hooked it up with a 400w 48V SMPS, it works like a charm.
Compared to my Yamaha AV reciever it's just like getting a brand new set of ears :) The clarity, the details in the music is so much better.
I can hear some very low noise from the speakers when volume is turned down but this could be related to that cables are lying in a mess around the boards right now, couldn't wait to hook them up.
Next thing is to get a case for them.

Hi,
what's your yamaha model's ? For the comparaison with my RX-V2700...
thanks

I would first try to disconnect everything except DC input. Make sure board looks ok, nothing is bent or touching something it shouldn't.
Also try switching DC polarity.
Try @ 30-31VDC also.
Hello Nick,
Just tried with nothing else than 26.8 VDC and it remains the same.
Board looks perfect, music looked perfect when I had it.

[Edit] Just tried 29.6 VDC with the Meanwell-350-27 : the same :(.

[Edit] Just switched DC inputs : the same.

Regards,

Last edited:
Measure volts

Measure volts where the dc comes into the board to see what it is doing.
Greetings friends,

I am trying to put everything in a case right now, finished it this morning and measured everything before switching it on, everything looked ok.

Switch on, then after around 25 sec the green led lights for few sec and then goes off again, then on again, etc.
Measured 26.8 VDC input on board.
When music was here, it looked/heared perfect.

Do you have any idea ?
(by the way the 25 first seconds seems very long)

Thank you :)
Regards,

Measure the dc between each pair of speaker outputs one at a time, preferably before the relays. Can you touch the output of the coils for the measurement?
1st try :
Measured output VDC directly into the speaker terminals, without any speaker connected and without input audio signal.
Both pairs : oscillating between 40 and 200 mV : normal ?

sendler said:
Can you touch the output of the coils for the measurement?
With a screwdriver ?

with speakers

With speakers connected and the amp warmed up, you should be able to adjust the dc offset to stay steady within 5mv of zero.
1st try :
Measured output VDC directly into the speaker terminals, without any speaker connected and without input audio signal.
Both pairs : oscillating between 40 and 200 mV : normal ?

With a screwdriver ?

Let's summary :

- v2 amp is in metal case
- output offset both pairs set to 1mV
- Music flies cool ... when music is here

The problem remains : the relays do "clac" sometimes, anytime ... sometimes 10 times in a minute, sometimes not for 5 minutes.

Do you have other ideas about the problem ?
Listening to music is a pleasure, with the fear of the "clac" :)

Thank you all,
Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.