New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, alkasar. Here is some of test data for v2 board.
Thanks a lot for sharing this info. Its pretty good actually.
It also tells us about power vs supply voltage :)
If you have same data with T3 please share also. We love it ;)

BTW, is the DC voltage you mention at PS connectors level (so about 1,2V less at the amp level due to rectifier) or is this the voltage at the amp ?

heat sink

Would something like this work (with a 1000uF cap)?
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/LM/LM7805.pdf

Any 5v regulator will work fine. You can build it's circuit according to the data sheet but maximum ripple performance obviously isn't required for a fan. You will need a small heat sink for it. Some people also feed the regulator through a resistor to share the power dissipation but I haven't tried it that way so I don't know what the value would be. Sure originally just used the critical 5v from the TC2000 driver chip for the fan but I hear that the fan degrades the audio output slightly this way.

Would something like this work (with a 1000uF cap)?
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/LM/LM7805.pdf
I've used a L7805 in the past and it has worked in the past but it got a little hot as I was using a 32v supply and it was having to drop 27v.

I'm now using a LM317 based circuit, I prefer it as it allows me to easily set the fans speed by adjusting the voltage. :)

Expected release date for the T3 mono powerboards for 2 x SMPS

Hi. Been following this lead quite closely and just have a quick question for the maker of these beautiful amps.

When will you be able to sell your T3 kits with the seperate powerboards for SMPS support.

I really would like this to happen soon as i am very keen on getting my Vega's vertically piggybag Bi-amped by your T3's.

BTW do you have any recommendations for a suitable preamp for this setup? Maybe one of those Tube preamps from Arjen Helder? It would need to be suitable for the input sensitivity of the T3's right? Or could i buy any preamp and live long and happy...?

Thanks in advance.

Mads

First post on the forum... Please be gentle...

Hi. Been following this lead quite closely and just have a quick question for the maker of these beautiful amps.

When will you be able to sell your T3 kits with the seperate powerboards for SMPS support.

I really would like this to happen soon as i am very keen on getting my Vega's vertically piggybag Bi-amped by your T3's.

BTW do you have any recommendations for a suitable preamp for this setup? Maybe one of those Tube preamps from Arjen Helder? It would need to be suitable for the input sensitivity of the T3's right? Or could i buy any preamp and live long and happy...?

Thanks in advance.

Mads

First post on the forum... Please be gentle...

Hi, Please contact nick for more information about T3 stock.
For pre-amp, I suggest any one if it's good and the input impedance of T3 is 20kohm that will be suitable for most pre-amps.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.