New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

It doesn't seem like too much is going on with the T1 or T2 Amps lately here. I've been checking in but finally have something to post about. I lost the site to buy the Nichicon 4700uf cap for my T2 that I have that came with the black 10,000uf cap. (that has the sound I don't like).

Well I found this supplier and ordered this one, the KG version of the Nichicon4700uf cap. It's on it's way.

Nichicon KG 4700uf 50v Gold Tune Electrolytic Capacitor_KG_Nichicon_Capacitor_Analog Metric Limited - DIY Audio Kit

I bought a new pair of definitive tech speakers (Pro monitor 200's) a rare lucky find on ebay! I am about to plug the T1 ALPS back in and see what they sound like with that amp. The T2 4700uf has been playing beautifully, but with the new speakers I thought I'd see what they sound like with the T1 ALPS.

Later!

Hi guys,

It doesn't seem like too much is going on with the T1 or T2 Amps lately here. I've been checking in but finally have something to post about. I lost the site to buy the Nichicon 4700uf cap for my T2 that I have that came with the black 10,000uf cap. (that has the sound I don't like).

Well I found this supplier and ordered this one, the KG version of the Nichicon4700uf cap. It's on it's way.

Nichicon KG 4700uf 50v Gold Tune Electrolytic Capacitor_KG_Nichicon_Capacitor_Analog Metric Limited - DIY Audio Kit

I bought a new pair of definitive tech speakers (Pro monitor 200's) a rare lucky find on ebay! I am about to plug the T1 ALPS back in and see what they sound like with that amp. The T2 4700uf has been playing beautifully, but with the new speakers I thought I'd see what they sound like with the T1 ALPS.

Later!

Hi, the caps on your link are nichicon KG type-I. KG series caps are better than NOVER ones, also with higher price. If a transformer is using with T2, I suggest use 10000uF. New boards now is using KG type-II 10000uF.

mini class-T

This is 30W+30W amp using TC2000+STA50x, I think it will be a little better than TA2024 or TA2020. What's your opinion?:)
It's stereo and the size is 65*80mm for PCB and 112*80mm for the module(with heat-sink).

Attachments

• new T1-M amplifier.PNG
    new T1-M amplifier.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:
Hi, the caps on your link are nichicon KG type-I. KG series caps are better than NOVER ones, also with higher price. If a transformer is using with T2, I suggest use 10000uF. New boards now is using KG type-II 10000uF.

Hi hifimediy,

Thanks for the information, great to know! I was very happy to find those Nichicon KG 4700uf caps! It will be very interested to see if I can hear the difference between my T2 with the Nichicon 4700uf cap I bought from you, and the Nichican KG 4700uf cap I will install in the T2 with the 10,000 uf black cap I also bought from you.

In reference to your new Nichicon KG 10,000uf cap T2 amp you mentioned, I have a question. Will this also sound great with a Meanwell, (you mentioned if using a transformer) use the Nichicon KG 10,000uf T2 Amp? The great thing about your T2 with the 4700uf is that it has a layering and depth of detail much like the TA 2020 chip produces, only with a wider, higher power presentation. I'm just wondering if the KG 10,000uf cap will sound like that with the Meanwell, and have even more punch? Thanks :)

I will post when I get the new cap! I may have a question about installing it... I am about to put my T1 with the Alps Amp back in my system so I will post on that also.

Hi hifimediy,

Thanks for the information, great to know! I was very happy to find those Nichicon KG 4700uf caps! It will be very interested to see if I can hear the difference between my T2 with the Nichicon 4700uf cap I bought from you, and the Nichican KG 4700uf cap I will install in the T2 with the 10,000 uf black cap I also bought from you.

In reference to your new Nichicon KG 10,000uf cap T2 amp you mentioned, I have a question. Will this also sound great with a Meanwell, (you mentioned if using a transformer) use the Nichicon KG 10,000uf T2 Amp? The great thing about your T2 with the 4700uf is that it has a layering and depth of detail much like the TA 2020 chip produces, only with a wider, higher power presentation. I'm just wondering if the KG 10,000uf cap will sound like that with the Meanwell, and have even more punch? Thanks :)

I will post when I get the new cap! I may have a question about installing it... I am about to put my T1 with the Alps Amp back in my system so I will post on that also.

Hi Tripath07.
Nice for your testing and experience sharing. I think KG 4700uF or 10000uF will not big difference with Meanwell S350. But I also hope you can try it yourself later(when you got KG 10000uF).
I will be waiting for your more message;) I think it's always interesting and valuable for me.

Yubing

Hi Tripath07.
Nice for your testing and experience sharing. I think KG 4700uF or 10000uF will not big difference with Meanwell S350. But I also hope you can try it yourself later(when you got KG 10000uF).
I will be waiting for your more message;) I think it's always interesting and valuable for me.

Yubing

Hi Yubing,

The new T2 with the Nichicon KG 10000uf is next on my list. But it could be a little while, I have just purchased another pair of speakers, and also completed a speaker project on another pair of Tower speakers!! So my wife is not going to be happy if I were to buy something else right now... :) She already says I have too many of those little Amps. Maybe a couple of months though!

Talk to you later,

Marc

This is 30W+30W amp using TC2000+STA50x, I think it will be a little better than TA2024 or TA2020. What's your opinion?:)

Go for more power Man !! Regarding T1/T2 I would suggest to design only a DC version. It's a nice idea to offer AC + DC version on one board but would it not be cheaper and better only to integrate the DC input ??

The same thing for T4.

Just my opinion

I think this AC input appliance on T1/T2/T4 is a bit senseless. That's my opinion. DIY people usually want to realize their own linear powersupply design or take in an easy way a SMPS.

For example the T4: an audio technician looked on the T4 and told me that here is not a bridge rectifier build in. He called it like "middle point" rectifier that has the advantage of 100 Hz but the power of transformer is reduced to the half. For T4 with 38-0-38 AC Input you need at least 900 Watt transformer. Is that correct ?

Go for more power Man !! Regarding T1/T2 I would suggest to design only a DC version. It's a nice idea to offer AC + DC version on one board but would it not be cheaper and better only to integrate the DC input ??

The same thing for T4.

Just my opinion

The point of this low power board would be to run it off low voltage PSU, 12V is easily accesible many places (cars etc). It will be similar to ta2020, but with tc2000 and (in our opinion) better sound than ta2020, and cheaper than full power tk2050.

Note: T1 is only DC.
It doesn't really do much harm to include a rectifier on the boards, it doesn't add that much cost.
I'm not an sure how the T4's bridge works, but I don't think that 450W would disappear in the bridge, then it would have gotten very warm !!

but I don't think that 450W would disappear in the bridge, then it would have gotten very warm !!

right !;) The elementar rules of physics. Any energy type will be transformed and never get lost ...

I meant it so: with this rectifier and transformer connection type you can only draw the half of it's power. From an 450 W transformer you would only draw then 225 W total at 100 Hz. 100 Hz just has only the advantage of better smooth characteristica.

I am just telling what me was told. Maybe wrong ...

ok, I think I got it !

look here, third picture, center tapped full wave rectifier

Rectifier circuits : DIODES AND RECTIFIERS

03260.png

This is why the board requires a dual voltage transformer.

The rectifier with only 2 diodes is the 3 legs component, just in front of the terminal.
2011-09-20_1307.png

This is quite smart : benefit of full wave, full power and only 2 rectifying diodes instead of 4, so lower voltage drop ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.