Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050 - Page 104 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2010, 10:38 AM   #1031
dr_vega is offline dr_vega  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
I think I am done with coils. Done with amps! Done with my source (modified DCX2496). Time now to move on to the speakers. Active cross, constant directivity, dipole array, 4 way.
Have fun with the speakers, Scott! From my experiments, I offer these three recommendations:

Full range open baffle. I can never go back to boxes.

Heil AMT tweeters. Spendy, but worth it.

Dayton RS series drivers. Like the poly/foil caps, superb quality at affordable prices.

IMHO, nothing else comes close. YMMV.

-dr_vega
Old 12th February 2010, 11:38 AM   #1032
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coit View Post
They're 30 ohm speakrs;bridged 15 ohm;parallel 7.5 ohm-without bridging 15 ohm load.
thanks
Paul-it's 11.25PM but the beer's still good and the music is great.
PS: Isn't bloody amazing;you're in Iceland and I'm in Australia and some fools want to control the internet.When I was younger you would have had to be a penpal-weeks between replies.
It is amazing Cheers to Australia. There's always something that Icelanders recognise in the general mood in South Africa, Holland and Australia. Funny stuff.

And re. the speakers - yup, I agree, the 15 Ohm load won't break anything, it looks like. But you'll get some high-frequency peaking, which will be noticeable. So you'd have to adjust the output filter or do some EQ-ing. And you'll get less power out into such a high impedance of course.
Old 13th February 2010, 10:09 AM   #1033
Radian is offline Radian  Germany
diyAudio Member

Look at these Wurth coils:
http://www.we-online.de/katalog/medi...7443556450.pdf
20 Ampere high permeability.
They are pricey but worth a try I think.

Greets,
Klaus
Old 13th February 2010, 08:47 PM   #1034
ddashk is offline ddashk  Scotland
diyAudio Member

does anyone know what is the difference between this amp and the other 2*100w from sure. the one that looks like the 4*100w?
Old 13th February 2010, 11:04 PM   #1035
DJK265 is offline DJK265  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddashk View Post
does anyone know what is the difference between this amp and the other 2*100w from sure. the one that looks like the 4*100w?
I think they made a mistake and used the wrong picture.

Later
Dan
Old 13th February 2010, 11:38 PM   #1036
wwenze is offline wwenze  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
They take the 4*100 board and use only 2 channels.
Old 14th February 2010, 09:03 AM   #1037
diyAudio Member

they have two different 2* 100w amps on the website. i got the one which looks like the 4*100w but i ordered the other one. the one which now comes with a fan. my question is how much of a difference is there? al the reviews i have read are on the 2*100w with the fan. is the one that looks lie the 4* 100w worse in sound quality?
Old 14th February 2010, 12:35 PM   #1038
sendler is offline sendler  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Worse reliability

Quote:
they have two different 2* 100w amps on the website. i got the one which looks like the 4*100w but i ordered the other one. the one which now comes with a fan. my question is how much of a difference is there? al the reviews i have read are on the 2*100w with the fan. is the one that looks lie the 4* 100w worse in sound quality?
The 4 channel amp is worse in reliability because the heat sink doesn't contact the chips well and the dc off set adjustment circuit doesn't give enough range of adjustment without a mod to jump some resistors. I would rather have the other, 2 channel board without the crazy piggyback output board but it looks like Sure is determined to get rid of the 4 channel boards. If the dc can't be adjusted to less than 5mv per leg, tell Sure you demand the other board.
Old 14th February 2010, 03:46 PM   #1039
DJK265 is offline DJK265  United States
diyAudio Member

I wasn't aware that Sure was using their 4* 100w boards for the 2* 100w boards, thanks for that info.
Old 14th February 2010, 06:12 PM   #1040
diyAudio Member

they still have to 2*100w which has its own board but also the one based on the 48100w

does anyone if there is a difference in sound. the heatsinks and insulation on mine are perfect so i won't sent it back and deal with all that hassle unless the normal one sounds nicer. has anyone compared the two?

Hide this!Advertise here!