Another Tripath Amplifier from China

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okok, ;)

gnd-rail, tank-caps and inductors, diodes, mute & sleep jumpers are placed quite the same way as in the EB.
Input is different: DC trimmers, as mentioned coupling caps in nice thru-holes.
What are the black thingies btn the input sockets and the coupling caps?

Hi Folks,

look what I have found else in their ebay-shop:
http://cgi.ebay.com/YULONG-T-AMP-Di...hZ007QQcategoryZ39783QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

This one I was interested in before and a real bargain for the price I think..
I was told that Yulong was run out of production and the following
Poppulse substitues the serial. But these are much different amps.
Different Chips, , different designs, different output power.

What do you think comparing these ones ?
The small box for 30 USD with the Yulong. Eventually comparing both
with the Poppulse ??

Livin said:

I'm thinking it should be fine for ceiling speakers.... wish there was a volume control.

I ordered one because my pioneer cdp has an variable output. So I can adjust volume from the player.
Livin said:

Sonic Impact amps are way overpriced on ebay now... it is crazy!

not crazy! Very insolent to demand 6 times of the original price some years ago. Compared with other Class T-Amps it isnt worth the price.

Hi Sabbelbacke.
I built an AMP10 from 41hz.com.
I had a very difficult time getting any responses from them. I did, however get a great deal of very kind assistance from users of the forums over there.
The AMP10 sounds very good. Right now it is running sound from my big screen TV headphone jack out to my Advent tower speakers. The quality of the sound is SOOO much better than the speakers in the TV.

The amplifier you show on the German ebay looks like it's chewed up some. The audio pot doesn't look like a very good one either. I think there are some nicer t-amps available if you look.
Are you wanting to build your own or buy one built already?

Thanx for your quick reply. So you wouldn´t recommend this one? Too bad, it seemed so easy :)

I´d go for some diy-kit if it isn´t too much effort, since my time is limited nowadays. But judging from the pics of most of the kits and having enough solderig experience, I guess it´s a feasible task, although I´d probably have to gear up since SMD gear is not available.

I have a very cheap PA-Amp here which uses some PHILIPS Chips (Hollywood D-500). It´s ok for PA-Stuff but has it´s flaws. So I was wondering if the cheap tripath were any better and figured one of those ready-built little boxes might be an easy way to check it out.

I could get a hold of the hypex-modules which seem quite promissing. But for simply "trying" it´s a little too much money right know.

So I guess I´ll try once more at 41Hz.com. I still have some old Power Supplys from analog amps which I could use, so maybe I´ll go for a bigger Tripath with dual-voltage..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.