Another Tripath Amplifier from China

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, just found out the problem and that was very easy to fix. Listen to it now... comments will come later.

Attachments

• t-amp power switch.png
    t-amp power switch.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 616
hahaha
i recieved my amp a week ago, and it had the SAME EXACT problem!!!
lol
crappy guage wire, and when i resoldered the connection to the power supply the connection to the board came undone, so i had to resolder that as well..... weird....
mine sounds great though, with my modified minimus 7's its a perfect match!

Chinese amps!

Wow, allot of other amps avaialbe, allot of them i have seen before, and prices vary.

Ive seen good and bad ones, and most amps come with used IC's since there no longer beeing made, not neccesairely a big problem as long as the QC is good and the de-soldering was not too hot ( most use 400+ degrees for that, to save time )

I also now have a nice new TA2020 board that sells for 20 Euro's
its been playing for 3 weeks now and sounds great with plenty of bass, and also runs on 12 volts so its eazy to use.

new designs are coming, also a TA3020 design is beeing made at the moment.

TA2020

Thanks, ive been listning to it for a week now, and i really like the fact that it actually has a good bass reproduction, much nicer than the TA2024.

This design how ever does not have the DC bias pot's, but ive measured the outputs, and they where at about 0.015 volts, so im not too worried about it.

This is not my own design, i found these PCB's via another DIY friend that makes them, but i have a different requerement on components, so i order them with only half the parts on the board and supplement the capacitors myself.

Hey Arjan, (ex) landgenoot

I'm making a pair of PC-Speakers for my girl friend and looking for nice little (cheap) amp the power these speakers. Are your TA2024 amp boards still available? I've tried to send you an email but am still under moderation. I'm building the amp case myself so only need te add the terminals and power supply (12V ?). How can i purchase the TA2024 AMP? Via ebay?

Regards (Groetjes),

Joos.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.