The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine

Hi all

I posted this on 41hz as well, but thought I'd like your input also.

I'm extremely excited to get my newly ordered amp9-basic assembled, but am a bit confused with what more I need for my setup. I'm looking at buying a pair of
these and then I'll have 2 amp9-basic assembled at my disposal. Will I be able to make it work and play load? For electricity I will have a 170 AH battery plus a 65ah reserve - and maybe some solar cells. Thanks in advance

-Viktor

You can't use 12" woofers in a box calculated for 10" woofers naturally. You would have to make a completely different box.

Make another attempt to find the recommended 10" woofers instead.

I have contacted around 10 sellers in europe and the message are the same each time. Its sold out in europe and they wont get them back before June at best. :(

So maybe I should try to find a alternative 10" - I just havent got a clue what to look for in the specs :S

Last edited:
I have contacted around 10 sellers in europe and the message are the same each time. Its sold out in europe and they wont get them back before June at best. :(

So maybe I should try to find a alternative 10"

You can find the Goldwood G-1058 as low as USD27 (DKK140) each in the US when you buy 4 at a time. Even if you have to pay around twice that in shipping and customs it will still be around the same as 4x HP-10W.

You can find the Goldwood G-1058 as low as USD27 (DKK140) each in the US when you buy 4 at a time. Even if you have to pay around twice that in shipping and customs it will still be around the same as 4x HP-10W.

Then I would have to maybe ship them to Sweden cause the danish customs (as you might know) will almost allways keep the package for weeks and demand a pretty large amount of money for the customfee. :|

Does anyone know the rules in Sweden when recieving packages from outside EU?

I hope not. The HP10W is used in a lot of designs, so I can't see any reason why they would stop making them. Probably only this reseller that will not restock them.

Week 23 is still in fairly good time for the festival, even if there are delays, provided you make the rest of the stuff ready to just plug them in when they arrive. You should try an get a confirmation on actual latest expected delivery date, and see if you can sign up for immediate shipment on arrival.

Last edited:
Then I would have to maybe ship them to Sweden cause the danish customs (as you might know) will almost allways keep the package for weeks and demand a pretty large amount of money for the customfee. :|

Does anyone know the rules in Sweden when recieving packages from outside EU?

Have you checked ShopUSA.com ? I bought some parts through them and they take care of shipping outside US when a seller only sells inside US. They also take care of customs so the package goes through the danish customs fast I believe. You could check it out perhaps.

Hey there,

Hey Lucas,

Unfortunately I'm afraid to announced HP-10W is discontinued, it is no longer manufactured.
I suggest to cancel your order and refund, do you agree ?

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards, Timotée.

I can confirm that I also have recieved the same mail as Ruben. Isn't week 23 a bit late if I want to build my stereo before Roskilde? Or should I just build the whole thing without the speakers and then wait for week 23 to come? :)

Hey there,
I can confirm that I also have recieved the same mail as Ruben. Isn't week 23 a bit late if I want to build my stereo before Roskilde? Or should I just build the whole thing without the speakers and then wait for week 23 to come? :)

I am waiting for week23, that should be in time to make a order for a alternative speaker system :D

The experts says HP10W, then i'll go HP10W! :D I have 3-4 shops that will contact me asap with the exact delivery date. I'll post it here when I get it.

Actually, I'm considering even more and more to go with the half boominator. Mostly because I already have 2x HP-10W but also because this year of Roskilde I will have a small camp, and probably move a lot around showing my stereo off (as the douchebag I am - hell yeah xD).

It weighs less, takes up less space, doubles the battery life, half the volume...

I don't think I will need to be playing for 30+ people :p

If anybody is adventurous they could try getting one of these: PA Subwoofer 10 | BN201848 - Elektronik Lavpris ApS

Going by the picture it does look almost exactly like an HP10W, so maybe it actually is.

No guarentees though.

(Btw, they say they have 8 in stock, and will get more on the 10th of June, which is week 23, another indication that it might actually be an HP10W).

Last edited:
If anybody is adventurous they could try getting one of these: PA Subwoofer 10 | BN201848 - Elektronik Lavpris ApS

Going by the picture it does look almost exactly like an HP10W, so maybe it actually is.

No guarentees though.

(Btw, they say they have 8 in stock, and will get more on the 10th of June, which is week 23, another indication that it might actually be an HP10W).

I took the chance and ordered two of them - if they are **** i'll just have to return em

I took the chance and ordered two of them - if they are **** i'll just have to return em

Exactly what I thought. When they arrive tomorrow you can see instantly if they are HP10Ws (by the sticker on the back of the driver). And you can report back.

It would be fantastic if they are HP10Ws as we've actually found a danish reseller which will cut shipping costs and time by loads. Not to mention they're actually competetively priced.