The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine

Also are the initial recommendations still valid after 3 years (10 inch P.Audio/Goldwood driver, LeadAcid batteries, solar cells, T-amps)

You might look into the newer Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries (LiFePo). They put out a bit more voltage, have more power for their size and weight, longer service time and recharge more much quickly than lead-acid cells, which will have to be replaced every couple of years or so. LiFePo cells also don't have the overheating problem that lithium polymer cells do. Initially they put out less power than the polymer type, but over time they don't lose their capacity as quickly and in the long run perform better.

--Buckapound

You might look into the newer Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries (LiFePo). They put out a bit more voltage, have more power for their size and weight, longer service time and recharge more much quickly than lead-acid cells, which will have to be replaced every couple of years or so. LiFePo cells also don't have the overheating problem that lithium polymer cells do. Initially they put out less power than the polymer type, but over time they don't lose their capacity as quickly and in the long run perform better.

--Buckapound
I doubt LiPO-batteries would overheat in boombox use. In RC use they can because the RC-cars suck huge amounts of current.
At the moment im just about to order LifePo or LiPo. Hard decision.

If you can get them, take the fe ones. You do need a different chrager though. I've got a proper RC-Charger (only LiPo), thats why I got some cheap lipos from dealextreme (~$6 for 2x2500 mAh).
There are not many sources for Lifepo around yet either (at least the last time I looked), and I think there are not many chragers around either. But it definetely is the better technology (for our application).

Regarding LiPo safety: Don't be stupid and its not dangerous...

Havent decided on the batteries yet but ive settled with the woofer. Its going to be a P. Audio WN-8R

What do you think about this tweeter for ghettoblaster use?
Neodymium-HiFi-Hochtöner, 80WMAX, 8Ω (DT-25N) bei Trenkenchu & Stadler GbR

Saturnus has recommended P. Audio PHT 407-tweeter, but i dont want to use it because of the weight(0.9kgs each).

I might even go for 28x 18650 Lithium Ion batteries, but it is going to be a big hassle with the wiring. Comparing it to LiPo's u save one kilo of weight with the same amount of voltage and ampeers per hour.

I have now decided the woofer and im doubting between two tweeters.
Woofer is going to be a P.Audio WN-8R. Tweeter options are Monacor DT-25 or Wavecor TW030WA02

So the problem is which tweeter matches better with the woofer? Crossover frequency is going to be around 2000Hz and is going to be a butterworth-type filter to dampen the woofers peak at around 2000Hz. Looking at the frequency response graphs i assume i don't need any other filters to flatten the freq. response? Ofcourse if I use the wavecor tweeter I need to take in account that it has 4ohm impedance.

P. Audio WN-8R:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Monacor DT-25:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Wavecor TW030WA02:
TW030WA02-SPL-response.png

It would be very nice if someone could give me some guiding in choosing the right tweeter and crossover so i could start ordering them. If you have any better tweeter options im up for them too.

Now I have tested in my own build, I still got distortion (overstyring?) in the woofers when cranking volume up.
How can I parallel connect 2 woofers (playing mono) and still have stereo in tweeters?
I will also receive another TA2020 amp tomorrow, maybe I can use 2 then.