The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 224 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2011, 03:22 PM   #2231
diyAudio Member

The amorph 12v, 650mA type from a lot of pages back. I can't remember exactly, I'll dig up a link.
Solar Cell Huge - 5.2W - Solar - Components - All you need to prototype
Old 17th August 2011, 05:26 PM   #2232
diyAudio Member

The google-fu is strong with me today

How to Get Scratches Off Epoxy | eHow.com
Old 17th August 2011, 10:34 PM   #2233
diyAudio Member

Got a question...duh. What should i do to keep my 2 12v batterys in the best shape over the whinter? The whinter is closing, so i thought i just ask
Old 18th August 2011, 04:47 AM   #2234
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSperm View Post
Got a question...duh. What should i do to keep my 2 12v batterys in the best shape over the whinter? The whinter is closing, so i thought i just ask
Disconnect them from the boominator and charge them fully.
Then they can be stored for few months without any care and without being harmed. To be sure you can charge them every 30-60 days or buy a float charger.
A float charger charges the batteries fully and then let power drop to a point where it starts charging them up again.
Old 18th August 2011, 08:22 AM   #2235
diyAudio Member

Hello everybody

I'm making a boombox, got a budget of 1800 dkk, and was wondering if it's even possible. I'm making the box for a group of 16 people.
I already got a tripath class D amp, so the amplifier is not something I'll have to buy.

The box should also be able to play, if not the entire week, then with atmost 2 recharges.

gotta know if i have to make them pay a little more money
Old 18th August 2011, 08:57 AM   #2236
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Jensen View Post
Hello everybody

I'm making a boombox, got a budget of 1800 dkk, and was wondering if it's even possible. I'm making the box for a group of 16 people.
I already got a tripath class D amp, so the amplifier is not something I'll have to buy.

The box should also be able to play, if not the entire week, then with atmost 2 recharges.

Hey Lars, I'm guessing you are danish on the basis of your name. I'd approximate the price of the boominator build to be around 3000dkr if you do a budget build and dont go all out with materials etc.. The most expensive parts are the HP10w, the wood and the batteries. In your case, you already have an amp, so you'll probably be able to build it for around 2700-2800dkr!
Old 18th August 2011, 10:10 AM   #2237
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedras View Post
Hey Lars, I'm guessing you are danish on the basis of your name. I'd approximate the price of the boominator build to be around 3000dkr if you do a budget build and dont go all out with materials etc.. The most expensive parts are the HP10w, the wood and the batteries. In your case, you already have an amp, so you'll probably be able to build it for around 2700-2800dkr!
Hey Phaedras

First of all you guessed right (I guess Jensen gave me away)

I have read through the thread last year and know that i can't build a boominator with that budget, but if I use something not as top quality, would it then be possible?

And what are the most important things I have to look for when I'm going to look for speakers?
Old 18th August 2011, 10:32 AM   #2238
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Jensen View Post
Hello everybody

You can go with a half-Boomniator perhaps. Or do as Phaedras suggest above and up the budget slightly.
Old 18th August 2011, 10:43 AM   #2239
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSperm View Post
Just charge them up fully and then tuck them up in a quiet corner. If you are really paranoid you can then give them a top up charge a couple of months later, if during this you then find they haven't really discharged much at a all in that two months you can leave them until the spring. If you find that in the two months they have run pretty flat you can either keep topping them up every month or so or just throw them away and replace with decent ones.

Basically never let them discharge fully and keep them as close to 100% charge at all times as you can.
Old 18th August 2011, 01:48 PM   #2240
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
You can go with a half-Boomniator perhaps. Or do as Phaedras suggest above and up the budget slightly.
Thanks a million, I guess I'll be demanding a little more money perhaps

Hide this!Advertise here!