The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine - Page 185 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th June 2011, 10:54 PM   #1841
Wubbaz is offline Wubbaz  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnib View Post
Thanks. How much difference are there between the different tweeters ? I see that this one is popular as well QLM-1005 - Ljudia - Multimedia Hemelektronik Karaoke PA anläggning DJ utrustning Ljus utrustning.
Well, I do not think there really is that much difference in the quality of the copies of the original Motorola/CTR tweeter.. but I could be wrong - I am not really that much of an expert. :-P
Old 17th June 2011, 07:22 AM   #1842
rubennn is offline rubennn  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Saturnus recommended the Motorola/CTR tweeter, but as that became hard to come by, the second best choice is "a replica" of this tweeter. So any should do the trick. At least when ranging from 4k hz and up (This is when you want to use the P. Audio HP-10W with it).
Old 17th June 2011, 10:21 AM   #1843
diyAudio Member

Hello.

Since Roskilde is nearing and i am at the last stages of my boominator build, i would love to just make sure that i am gonne do the wireing of the whole thing correct, so if someone qualified could just tell me if i am doing it right by doing it this way, i would be very happy!

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Best Regards
Aagaard
Old 17th June 2011, 11:09 AM   #1844
diyAudio Member

Can somebody tell me if these grills will fit in the boominator?

https://elextra.dk/main.aspx?page=article&artno=H19318
Old 17th June 2011, 11:15 AM   #1845
diyAudio Member

Yup. Looks right. Just note that on the amp6 the negatives are the 2 middle connectors, and plus is the outer connectors.
Old 17th June 2011, 12:11 PM   #1846
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much!
And about the Amp-6, that is duely noted, just didn't have it laying around til check it out, what i really needed was to know if my parallelling of the cables was right.

Aagaard
Old 17th June 2011, 02:33 PM   #1847
diyAudio Member

Hmmm... How do i change the input resistor on my amp, and what value is good for mobile phones and such? I'd like to get the same volume as my Computer
Old 17th June 2011, 03:45 PM   #1848
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joak0068 View Post
Hmmm... How do i change the input resistor on my amp, and what value is good for mobile phones and such? I'd like to get the same volume as my Computer
In the amp6basic assembly guide there is a table showing what resistors to use to have a specific gain. Look it up, i use the setting with the most powerful gain and it is perfect for my iphone.
Old 18th June 2011, 12:57 AM   #1849
Wubbaz is offline Wubbaz  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Would this work? Is it okay to fit 2 wires into the same side of a butt splice as pictured in the diagram?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buttsplice.jpg (19.1 KB, 281 views)
Old 18th June 2011, 09:35 AM   #1850
donnib is offline donnib  Denmark
diyAudio Member

@Saturnus
I checked the Google Sketch design of Boominator II. I see the centerpiece with allot of holes in it. The original design was without the centerpiece where the HP-10 was touching each other (is there a Google Sketch of the original one as well ?). I have read thru all the threads here but can't seem to find what benefit these new centerpieces do. Can you elaborate ? Is it easier to assemble this way or ?

thx

Hide this!Advertise here!