UcD400 and high level sub input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry if this has already been asked, I did a search but could not find a answer to my question.

I have build a Ucd400 two channel amp in the past. They currently drive a pair of Sonus Faber Concerto. I have a cd player supplying spdif to a P3A DAC which then goes to the amp via a passive volume pot.

I bought my self a sub today and trying to work out the best way to setup.

Can the UcD400 drive the Concerto's and also supply high level signal to the high level sub inputs? Is the UcD ouput stage ok for this kind of setup?

I would prefer to run an active cross over but can't afford one, unless there is a nice high quality kit available.

Chris

I love tinkering with newbies...
No need for 1K-5K pot if its single....
You can connect a dual pot and use each half pot for sub and another one for ucd, but you have to use 2 dual pots or a single 4 gang pot for stereo....to control the volume from one knob...

Workhorse said:
I love tinkering with newbies...

:D

Workhorse said:
No need for 1K-5K pot if its single....
You can connect a dual pot and use each half pot for sub and another one for ucd, but you have to use 2 dual pots or a single 4 gang pot for stereo....to control the volume from one knob...

I need to draw a circuit to understand.

Does it matter what size the pots are now?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 211
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.