• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Chipamp.com people around?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nonliner
I am coming as fast as I can I want the modulus way more than I wanted that non-inverting stero 3886. but for one of my first boards, he had all those pictures and instructions it looked really good for a beginner, too bad, now I have studied for so long reading forrest m mimes and other project based books, yours looks like the best I can find,

Well myself and MeatChris, and Hogwild and the others here are upset, spending money we probably dont have much of, on components, hoping to build an Amp that is thousands less than the likes of PASS or many others, with real world results and spec similar, the last thing we want is confusion and bulishit, and business owner loves his endeavor and most try to maintain a good reputation, Brian is not holding to this model, as I said before , my money or my amp, or if you see me coming down the street you better cross to the other side and not walk directly past me, dont look me in the eyes, you do steal from me and have a nice happy time unless you’re organized. I will hit him with every legal form of hassle I can and we should be able to get him shut down, the only people that behave like this are usually drinking or snorting too much. but you never know it could come in the mail today, still too, bad I have waited and my bank has a window. Sorry Brian I suspect your company is falling apart and you dont have the resources to keep it running smooth. Gotta turn you in man. I am too poor to be the backdoor man.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Unclewinky, the ranting and raving and name calling is not going to get your amplifier built. Take some of the already posted advise of fine alternative companies to purchase from. There are many ways to 'skin a cat'. Chipamp will eventually fail on their own. Move on and build yourself a fine sounding chip amplifier.
Regards, Vinny

yea sorry Vinny,
You’re right, I should not use this as a forum form my BS, Sorry All. Thanks for rounding me up Vinny. I will get a modulus 86, I just already purchased the enclosure from France and the Transformer from DIGITECH and now I dont know if the enclosure will work “and its nice” also the price for another Trannny is gonna cost me. But. you are correct this not the place to (dog out) Chipamp. But it hurts to get Gyped out, oh well thanks for your reasonable manner.. Lincoln

I know its not the same thing at all, but I'm having great success with pre-built tpa3116 and 3118 class-d modules. sure, I'm not soldering them, but I'm still building amps FROM them and for much lower cost and MUCH lower heat thrown off, too.

no big trafo needed, switch mode psu is fine and my whole system can fit into a small plastic box (does not even need a metal chassis, still hum free) and it can be lifted with one hand without a strain.

after I dropped my bias (LOL!) and gave class-d chips a try, the modern ones are nothing like the 20 year old tech that gave D a bad rep.

I can't see myself going back to heat-throwing modules again, not to mention the huge trafo and space you need to separate trafo from modules.

something to think about.

photos of my d-amp modules in the small plastic box:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/87913-class-d-amp-photo-gallery-116.html#post4731146

linuxworks, but BSD really works, haha.
Thank you, class D sounds great and I hate the heat, maybe you could be a little more specific about a class D amp that can take a toslink input an put out 68Watts per channel.
Either in stero or dual mono. Please let me know, P.S. - you thread of pictures of your projects is formidable. Excellent and Massive.

sanwu tpa3118 is one of the 'go to' diyaudio modules that people love.

TPA3118 PBTL 60W Mono Amplifier Board | eBay

US seller that I've had good luck with. order spare modules to keep as shelf spares or in case you ruin one.

change the gain with 1 or 2 R changes. lower the gain a bit to lower the hiss.

psu I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RUUSKS2/

lots of people use that one and like it. you can see how close I have mine mounted and it does not hum on my setup.

toslink input is not there but this is an amp, not a dac. find any dac you like. I like this one for its simplicity, size, cost and it sounds great to me:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CDV2RC2/

I have one mounted in a box by itself. its not toslink but for 24/192 you want coax, anyway, not toslink (toslink stops at 96k if you are lucky).

note, you do want to drive the tpa chip from a low-z source. NOT A POT. use a buffer or an active vol control (I have my own board I designed with another diyaudio friend using pga2310/11 chip and that does a great job of driving any amp you want that takes unbal inputs).

again, I have all this mounted in a plastic box and there is not even any top vents. does not get hot and does not overheat. no big trafo.

lots of win.

its probably not 'pretty' on a scope since its a switcher, but to my ears its every bit as good as my lm3886 and costs less to build and less to supply electricity to.

I love low power, low heat devices. class A and AB days are over, for me. not going back, either (lol).

update: pic of an 'all in one' system that has a PGA preamp, psu and amp all in one small box:

http://www.netstuff.org/lcduino_pga_build/led_duino_pga_allin1_01.jpg

its cram packed but still very little heat and its nice to have an iec cord go in, line-in goes in and spkrs come out. just 1 small box as my integrated amp.

can't do that with class A and AB systems. just cannot!

Last edited:
You’re right, I should not use this as a forum form my BS, Sorry All. Thanks for rounding me up Vinny.

Good to see that you're choosing to move forward.

Paypal and/or your bank will sort out the details and keep your losses to a minimum. I understand your frustration. It's one of those unfortunate speed bumps of life.

I will get a modulus 86, I just already purchased the enclosure from France and the Transformer from DIGITECH and now I dont know if the enclosure will work “and its nice” also the price for another Trannny is gonna cost me.

Thank you for your endorsement. Your enclosure will most likely work. You can find the mechanical dimensions of the Modulus-86 board on my website. As for the transformer, anything in the 2x18 to 2x22 VAC range (36-44 VCT) is about optimal for the Modulus-86 (or any other LM3886-based amplifier).

Tom

bristto,
Yes I can’t wait the specs on the modulus-86s are are very interesting, I should have everything but the transformer and its got to be a dual mono set up I think, there backordered I tried to buy 2 and and ps board yesterday, my enclosure should work and all I need is some kind of pot maybe a blue velvet or something for some control. There are some really nice class D amps I saw yesterday on this thread, you should check them out the are supposed to sound good and are very inexpensive and no heat, but I dont think they can compete with the modulus-86 project.

awaiting more modulus-86s in Texas,
Lincoln

btw I turned my fraudulent ChipAmp claim over to my bank and my bank is bad a$$ they will sic him. Pretty quick and they just put the money in my account, He will have to prove he shipped and processed my order because they already looked at this thread with all the complaints and have the transaction where he did take my money. I dont have to prove he did not process and ship he has to prove he did.

I have been in contact with Mr. Chipamp via somebody else who have talked to him and asked a couple of questions. chipamp.com is up and both phone and email is working but he chooses not to respond, not to my calls or emails.

From what I gather he will not communicate anything here. He is well aware of this thread.

Will he make things right? Don't know. I think all unhappy customers should put a claim at Paypal.

Is this company worthy to have a subform here? What do you think?

Unclewinky, just for your info and for everyone else , i listed in the Swap Meet some pcb s from chipamp.com, because i dont plan on using them anytime soon and because some people , including you were screaming that the people from chipamp.com are not responding...
And even i sent you an personal message about this.
I got no answer from you or from other people who were very very very angry and disappointed that chipamp.com is not fulfilling their orders.....
So , i just ask myself , who are these complaining people ?
Because , i had NO problem when i got my boards.....And there should be hundreds of happy customers who bought kits and boards from chipamp.com.
AND HOW is it possible for some to show up here complaining about chipamp.com right when Tom is starting selling his LM3886doneright , board that he actually said is launched on market just because chipamp is not able to fulfill the orders?
Very convenient, but not cool.....

Asuslover-

I have no idea what this LM3886doneright kit is that you're referring to. I do know that I don't appreciate your accusation though. Would you like me to send you a copy of the refund I got because PayPal couldn't get a response from Chipamp either? I can assure you that I have better things to do than drum up drama on a message board. I just wanted to build an amp. Chipamp took my money and never sent it.

I encourage you to take a deep breath and go outside for a walk. Sounds like you've spent way too much time at the keyboard dreaming up some bizarre tale.

Well ask yourself this man (AsusLover) if you paid two hundred bucks for an board and ps and spent money on a tranny and an enclosure and waited for foreign products to arrive and go your enclosure all ready and shelled out 100 bucks for a nice audio tranny, plus waited with all that expectation for a local company to this country, not Germany or France where I received thought customs and everything and you have it right in front of you from halfway across the world and this guy can’t even say “ hey man, Im behind, of FO or Anything” ask yourself if your might be a little aggravated,. IDGAS anymore cause I got my money back an will only loose the tranny cost moving the the superior Modulus B6 that should fit my box, but I can’t use that tranny. Gotta save up and shell out again for the right tranny for the modulus, I think if you asked yourself and you were in that position then you feel a lot like me, I got time I got money I am not that worried but I hate waste and inefficiency. And he Brian owes these other guys an explanation, plus their boards or their money, I got my money an he will be sorry he stiffed me my bank dont care they just consider it fraud and investigate, they are aware of this thread and everyone else being very upset as well. So next time go back in the thread and see where I have posted this same stuff before and been nicely asked to keep it to electronics and quit ragging on this guy on this thread, I also stated I was gonna go for the Modulus when there were more in stock, so I am done with Brian and CHipAMp and he should be forced to shut down that site when everyone calls their bank and says "hey man this guy burned me” Ive have my money back for weeks and its not exactly the crime of the century they got him cold. He shouldn’t have stole man. plain and some he stole my money. I know were on a digital forum but in real life I promise he would never have thought of stealing anytihng from me
and like I said before (I am done with this CHIPAMP CONVERSATION) let it go man. I was asked nice and so this is not the place to dog out people its to meet up with likeminded people interested in building amps.....sorry if I sound bitter but I won’t respond to comments about this subject it not the place,..inappropriate here!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.