• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Chipamp.com people around?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bummer.

So a PayPal dispute is what I have to look forward to, huh?

I placed an order 10 days ago and also haven't heard anything. I really wish I had seen this thread sooner... the only reason I even ordered from chipamp.com was to save the time I'd spend etching circuit boards and sourcing parts, but that's out the window now.

:down:

I recently converted over to class-d stuff and I had a bunch of the red brianGT chip-amps boards. some are still blank boards, some are fully built and have been working for several years now. I have 1 audiosector kit in kit form, never touched.

shameless plug for me, too: if anyone in the US or bay area (locals) need chip-amp stuff, I have some here. some of the psu's from briangt, some trafos, some of the caps that fit the pcb's. PM me if interested.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Found these till now. I probably also have the toroids. Got some PM but I am late with replying as I am quite busy.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 416
It's the same here. i ordered in may and never got any shipment information. i tried every available emailadress i could find and the contact form several times. i also tried to contact through paypal but never got any answer!!!! tried also different emailproviders on my end and of course looked in the spam folder, but nothing, i meen.... comon!!!!! seriously!!! at least some answer would be great.

I bought a LM3886 kit over a month or more ago. I called his phone once and he was in the grocery store or Walmart or something, I could hear it in the background. Its been a LOOOOOOOOOnnnnnnnngggggggggg time now. I don't know what to do. But my Transformer from Germany is here, my Enclosure from France is here,, I need some boards quick

If anyone can give me a link to an amplifier kit, that is fairly inexpensive and sounds like those $6000.00 amps, for so little money, I would really help me out. I paid plenty of money to Chipamp.com but they took my money and won't respond..its been Moore than a month and all my equipment has arrived and been sitting for a while, all from Europe. Still nothing from chipamp. If chipamp comes through I can get another Tranny and Enclosure and use the ones I have now for a different kit. Can you guys give me suggestions on the best IC and point me toward the website with a kit that really will arrive sometime sooner. Thanks a Million if you can.

If anyone can give me a link to an amplifier kit, that is fairly inexpensive and sounds like those $6000.00 amps, for so little money, I would really help me out. I paid plenty of money to Chipamp.com but they took my money and won't respond..its been Moore than a month and all my equipment has arrived and been sitting for a while, all from Europe. Still nothing from chipamp. If chipamp comes through I can get another Tranny and Enclosure and use the ones I have now for a different kit. Can you guys give me suggestions on the best IC and point me toward the website with a kit that really will arrive sometime sooner. Thanks a Million if you can.

I gave up on Chipamp.com, and ordered the LM3875 boards from audiosector.com (sister project, a bit more minimal though). The boards arrived from Canada in about ten days or so (and I think they got lost in the secretary's desk at my office :cool: ), so that's good. I got a confirmation of dispatch almost immediately after I place the order. The boards look really too. Kudos for Peter Daniel, can't wait to get building.

If anyone can give me a link to an amplifier kit, that is fairly inexpensive and sounds like those $6000.00 amps, for so little money, I would really help me out.

As PA noted, you could consider my LM3886DR. Sunday through Thursday, you can expect your order in the mail within a few hours of you placing it. Orders placed Friday and Saturday will go out Sunday night for pickup by Canada Post Monday morning. The only exception being if I'm out of town or out of stock. Should either of these conditions be present, I will announce it on my website.

If you're into even higher performance, I suggest taking a look at my Modulus-86.

Of the LM3875, LM3876, LM3886 family only the LM3886 is in current production. The other two were discontinued late last year and are getting rather hard to find. If you have boards for the LM3875 make sure you buy the IC with it or order your IC as soon as possible. The LM3886 and LM3876 are pin-compatible (short pin 1 to pin 5 if using an LM3886 in an LM3876 board).
Both the LM3886DR and Modulus-86 use current active (in production) parts.

Tom

Last edited:
yea I am suing him now, I gave it to the bank and they just put the money back in my account and prosecute, they dont care who, or why, if you take money and its a scam they just charge you, its a shame cause I herd some good things about the guy but the bank does not care. You get your money back instantly but then they prosecute no matter what and the are is soo much stuff on the web in forums even in this thread like “bristto” the second they see that its curtains for him so sorry nothing personal just dont take my money, either give it back ,, or give me my amp. Or now go to jail.

I heard he helped a bunch of newbies but who knows what happened to him, alcohol drugs you never know, I wish I didn’t have to do it but in order to get the money back I have to sign the paper for the banks fraud investigators to prosecute. If he would just answer in some way from email to telephone this could all be avoided. am sorry.

Unused Chipamp.com PCBs for sale

For those following this thread who have your heart set on Chipamp.com PCBs but have experienced problems trying to purchase them, I have just put some up for sale in the Swap Meet.
The PCBs and parts are unused and have been stored for a while. I will not use them so maybe other members can build amplifiers with them.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I heard he helped a bunch of newbies but who knows what happened to him, alcohol drugs you never know, I wish I didn’t have to do it but in order to get the money back I have to sign the paper for the banks fraud investigators to prosecute. If he would just answer in some way from email to telephone this could all be avoided. am sorry.

Are you suing him or chipamp llc? Big difference. Also did a quick web search and various business summary sites say 2 employees, one is a Joseph Lau. No mention of a Brian.

Save yourselves the angst, headache and potential legal troubles by just going to LM3886 Done Right and getting either the LM3886 Done Right or the Modulus-86.

I have no affiliation with their products, but having been in the audio business for 12 years and understanding the nuances of the chip amp product development, his products are well worth your attention.

@rif
Naw man I would never really sue, its just turning in the transaction at the bank a fraud, They just put the money right back in your account no questions asked, but if It was your kid or yourself all drunk or something that made the purchase they consider it to be fraud as well so, I know I bought a board, I know it never came and when the bank investigators see all these threads where he didn’t deliver then that will be that, If I am wrong the take the money back out. No biggie, unless they prosecute him, still minor stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.