Multi-chip amplifier - Concentra, GC, PBA200, multichannel (all in one)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my project of simple, multi-chip amplifier. I'm thinking about something similar to Jeff Rowland Concentra but with LM3875 in output stage so this boards will be a part of it (with external, OPA1632 buffer/driver/inverter).

LM's can be connected in parallel or work in multichannel mode. Available options:
Concentra clone
GC
PBA200
Multichannel

Integrated PS board.

schematic diagram

Attachments

• pcb.gif
    pcb.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,235
Veteran,

That is a nice looking component layout! I particularly like the integrated PSU. So what is the final plan...to bridge two of these units? I am personally a bigger fan of the LM3875 than the LM3886 so I am happy to see that you used it here. I'd be interested in seeing the actual board layout with the traces.

A 3 way active filter in front of one of these boards run as independant channels would make for a great amp for a self powered speaker.

I am interested in seeing more on this design. Keep up the great work!

G.

veteran said:
They are quite cheap so I will buy about 50 of them.

How many paralllel module are you planning with 50 chips? I gathering OPA549 to make two bridge-parallel amps. So far I have 21 chips,I think I will get 3 more

veteran said:
Few of my friends are interested in standard, stereo version of this amplifier so the rest will not waste ;)

I made a couple of Carlos' non-inverted amp. I still have about 7 chips I need to find a use for

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.