Chip Amp Photo Gallery

Hi,
Thank's for positive comments !

One member ask me about wiring.
For speakers, I used CAT5, 2x2 awg 24, connectors are rhodium plated, attach with screw
For audio, it's diy wiring, silver wire with natural silk sheath, except for low amp output made with litz wire. Audio connectors are pure copper with screws.
On pcb, wiring is soldered (tin with silver), cause I have no other choice..
Phil.

Thanks Phil, I actually read through that thread you linked to fairly recently, I should have recognized it was you who posted there last.

I also have had the same issue as you with too much gain causing the volume to go very loud with a small amount of pot movement. Even worse because of the tracks becoming unbalanced near their ends it causes one channel to fade out before the other at very low volume which is annoying at night.

That's an interesting solution you have used, if I had to drive a separate bass unit it would be ideal.

I got around it by loading the pot with a resistor as described by Zigis in post 31 of your linked thread. I ended up with a 10K resistor added to each channel of a 20K Tocos stereo pot which has worked well.

Update!

Finally i've been able find a bit of time and do something:

DSC_1588.JPG

DSC_1591.JPG

DSC_1592.JPG

A lot more photo's in my thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/257001-introduction-project-info.html

Super happy with the results! Time to send her out for anodizing :)

Guys... Why cant we keep photo galleries for photos only? Please, its driving me crazy and I would strangle you all right now... :)

My lm3875 stereo amp:

Not finished, just testing under heavy load in my workshop It was a class A amp before..

Attachments

• PIC_4146.jpg
    PIC_4146.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 1,500
Well its kind of a photo gallery, but not exclusively. If you goto the first page you'll see that the OP, Giovanni Militano, definitely enjoyed commenting and questioning the posts following his first. I think its more of a chance to oooh and ahhhh over other people's builds or brag about your own

Totally agreed.

Just looking at some pictures isn't half as nice as talking about them and without going into very deep discussions talk about what's inside and get tips from other forum members.

I hoped it's not a library, have a look but sshhhhh... [emoji4]