The "Freebird" ultra clean ultra simple preamp design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll be... There must be higher powers at work here. I tried opa627 and buzz, opa604 and buzz. In the back of my mind I seem to remember reading something about buzzing and if you couldn't get a preamp or similar stable then you should try opa134. And what do you know? No Buzz! Dead quiet.

Hi Russ

I am very much interested in freebird. But one thing I can not understand I have seen the DataSheets of OPA627 and OPA228. The PIN configurations of these two OPamps look different I think but you said that you have OPA228 with the same PCB . Can you explain that to me.
I am new and plz do not mind my stupid questions :)

I am also attaching its image

Attachments

• freebird.jpg
    freebird.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 343
Dear Wasim:
when working with an Op-Amp one needs to be more concerned with Invereted and non-inverted inputs and outputs along power supply pins, in pinout picture that you attached it is clearly evident that OPA627/228 share the same pinouts for inverted and non-inverted inputs both at pin 2 and 3, outputs at pin 6, postive power supply at pin 7 and a negative rail at pin 4, as for offset trim pins, not many preamps use offset pins.
rehan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.