My "audiophile" LM3886 approach

He might be protecting the people and not the equipment.

I know some designers who "ONLY" use fuses for peoples sake and not the gear. They claim that they can hear the difference between different amperage fuses...

Like always we can't say what they can and can not hear but I did change a fuse on him one time and he did tell me that I need to go back to his value.. He had no idea I changed the fuse...

Funny thing is his piece I have has been running for over 10 yrs without a hic-up. If any part did fail the entire device would self destruct before the 10 amp fuse blew, but it has been solid so far.

Reactions: 1 user
Cases-- Chassis's

I am looking to put a package together and need to know
the size of the Chassis/Box needed.

I have found some good deals on both Plastic and Alum
cases.

Plastic cases 1.6MM Thick
8 1/2" Length 5 1/2" Width and 3 1/4" Tall
7.44" Length 5.43" Width and 2.62" Tall

Flanged Alum case
6 3/4" Length 4 3/4" Width and 4 1/8" Tall

Will any of these work ? ? ? ? ?

Steve @ Apex Jr.

Steve,
Those will all work. We are looking at dimensions on the board of about 3 wide 4 long and a bit over 2 tall. NOW the problem is a heatsink. As long as a heatsink can sit on the chip (not much sink is needed) and still not touch the RCA in and Speaker outs then I think this would work to house each amp independently.
Then a separate enclosure would be needed for the toroid and fuse/switch/plug
Uriah

Re: Cases-- Chassis's

Apex Jr said:
I am looking to put a package together and need to know
the size of the Chassis/Box needed.

I have found some good deals on both Plastic and Alum
cases.

Plastic cases 1.6MM Thick
8 1/2" Length 5 1/2" Width and 3 1/4" Tall
7.44" Length 5.43" Width and 2.62" Tall

Flanged Alum case
6 3/4" Length 4 3/4" Width and 4 1/8" Tall

Will any of these work ? ? ? ? ?

Steve @ Apex Jr.

Steve in case you missed it (PUN intended) this was the post of the dimensions:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1686678#post1686678

Hi,

using "the Penasa" for years now, 10k is o.k. for the amp but there are sources out there which can't cope with 10k. Even in our days that's possible! If you have that problem, you will experience a lack of bass.

22k are better under that respect - the universality of the amp. the best way are 50k to 100k but you will need a buffer with that. I am using the B1 built on stripeboard right now (the ZM'ed version with the symmetrican PS) and I am glad.

Best regards

Flo

Ha! Me too. I work from home and watch my kids pretty closely.

Moved into a rental house across the street from the kids school this week. Now if I'm on a call or in a customers network my son (11 yrs) can walk across the street to the house.

Been 3 yrs into a divorce and it is finally done.

I guess now I can change my location.

09 looks to be a new start.... :smash: