My "audiophile" LM3886 approach

just search ebay for LM3886. It brings up, often, several rip offs. Probably one of the reasons Mauro got so upset when he was more active in this thread.
I dont blame him one bit. Obviously none of us do.
Their prices are sometimes crazy low. I dont know how they do it except that they originate often in China and my bet is that many of the caps on the board are fakes if not more than that.
Uriah

Violar said:
Can you suggest me one more question. What are the typical THD and frequency range (response) for this Mauro amp?

For more info, you can search (Google) the designer's name : Mauro Penasa. Google will probably (roughly) translate Mauro's webpage into your favorite language, on request.

From Mauro's webpage:
Passing band (typical-3db): 2Hz-70Khz
* The maximum power (8ohm): 40Wrms
* The maximum power (4ohm): 56Wrms
* Damping factor (8ohm): >200
* Relationship S/N (600ohm): >96 dB not weighed
* Typical THD (20Hz-20Khz, 1-40W 8ohm <0,05%

Cheers
John

Send me email.

We are using stacked film (polyester) for the .1 caps. We actually just switched to the new AVX stacked films, and will be supplying .22 instead of .1 (for bypass).

Does anyone know why the .1 bypass caps were increased to .22, and what the result is? I have kits with .22 in them, but Mauro (or Russ?) originally suggested the .1 value, so that's what is printed on the boards and what all the first kits were built with. What propmpted the change to .22?

Peace,
Tom E