OPA549 Gainclone Layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have been regitered here for a while now, but haven't made any contributions :ashamed:

I was wondering if you guys would be so kind as to have a look at my OPA549 Gainclone design.
My design is just "copies" of others I have seen, and jumbled around a bit to make it my own ;)

I'm new to circuit design so all comments, tips and suggetions are welcome.

I will post the eagle file incase anyone wants a closer look.

But for now here is a screen shot:

Attachments

• 549.jpg
    549.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 3,647
These chips need a low gain because of their low GBP, but remember that with a gain of 11 you need some more gain in another stage like an active preamplifier (or just an opamp circuit in the amp). I use a voltage gain of 3 in my DIY preamp, and 3 x 11 = 33 which would be sufficient.

Ok i have thickened up the output trace, will this now be thick enough to handle 8A?

I am also planning to make an active preamp using opa627 and buf634, but have not yet decided on chip configurations yet.

I will attempt this once i get some more experience under my belt :)

Attachments

• 549v0.1.jpg
    549v0.1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2,794
The trace you made wider in the last picture isn't needed, that's pin 3 (IN-).

Only the supply pins (V+: pin 10 & 11) (V-: pin 5 & 7) and the output (pin 1 & 2) needs fat traces.

The other ones are only carrying low current signal (I use 32 mils wide trace for these).

I've done it like the picture below:
I use other caps however, 100uF + 100nF, and separate PSU (High Cap Unregulated PSU like CarlosFM's design).
Also I have added a zobel to the output and an 0R1 wirewound output resistor (so I can parallell them).

Still waiting for the trafo so I can listen to them though....

Attachments

• opa549.jpg
    opa549.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,503
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.