OPA549 Gainclone Layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jaudio said:

Alcaid

on the datasheet(Open-loop gain and phase vs frequency)It looks like for a gain of 30 its flat up to 60k is that right?

Nope.
The y-scale on that diagram is dB gain, so a voltage gain of 30 = approx. 29.4 dB gain. If you see in the diagram the x-scale is logarithmic, which means it's flat up to about 27k or there about. (The log scale is weird in the diagram)

edit:
Used SplTrace to get a more accurate reading. Voltage gain of 30 gives approx 30k freq. With the recommended 1k-10k combo which gives a voltage gain of 11, the freq. is 100k.

Some here at the forum has said the graph is even worse in real life. (don't remember who)

Alcaid said:
also the gain is too high for the OPA549.
You have a voltage gain of (22/1+1=) 23.
Try something like 11. (1k and 10k resistors.)

I've been reading this post, and want to build a 549 amp. I don't know why the gain matters though. Why can't I use a 22k resistor to not have a need for a preamp?

If I can't use the 22k resistor, I don't have a 10k resistor. I do have a 22k and a 1.8k or a 2.2k resistor. That would make either a gain of 13.2 or 11. Will that be the same as using a 10k and a 1k?

soundNERD said:

I've been reading this post, and want to build a 549 amp. I don't know why the gain matters though. Why can't I use a 22k resistor to not have a need for a preamp?

If I can't use the 22k resistor, I don't have a 10k resistor. I do have a 22k and a 1.8k or a 2.2k resistor. That would make either a gain of 13.2 or 11. Will that be the same as using a 10k and a 1k?

If you use a higher gain the frequency response would roll off too early, and you would loose the top, and also people reports distortion in the midrange as a result.

I would use the 2k2 - 22k combo.

jleaman said:

Can i have this layout and Schematic please ?

Attached the Eagle files. Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• preamp.zip
    44.8 KB · Views: 444
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.