There's no stopping now.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Vikash said:
How did you cut the copper feet, and is it all welded together? Did you spray on the black finish?

I cut the feet with a holesaw the same size diamater as the copper tube. The tube is placed horizontaly in a vice that is bolted to the pillar drill. The holesaw is slowly feed down ( it tends to snatch a bit). Replace the holesaw with a slightly larger flap wheel to clean up the cut, and lastly debur by hand with a needle file. Simple(ish).;)

No there is no welding/soldering/glueing. There are ali rings inside the main tubes that are threaded to accept an M6 allen bolt that clamp the foot assy up to the tube from underneath. Rubber blanking grommets are placed in the holes to act as isolation feet.

Yes i sprayed the black myself (i had it left over from when i sprayed my bike). I'm going to strip and redo it soon, because the primer's adhesion to the ali is poor, resulting in flaking.:mad:

After such glowing praise i'm feeling very humble.

I've also had some enquires about making this chassis and similar types for people. It's not something i've considered before, but could be fun.

If anyone wants one, or something similar please feel free to PM me and i'll see if i get enough interest to proceed.

Cheers

I'd be honoured to build a chassis for a 6 channel amp for you.
What boards are you planning on using, gainclone, or something else? What sort of style did you have in mind or would you like me to suggest something?

I'm currently designing a 4 channel gainclone using BrianGT's boards which could be adapted to take 6 channels.

cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.