There's no stopping now.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone.

I hope you don't mind but i just wanted to share my first hi-fi diy project with you guys.
It's a PPA headphone amp, with a small troid and Velleman psu. A realativly simple project from the electrical perspective. The chassis is however something that i'm very proud of.:)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I currently have 4 of brianGT's boards in my sweaty hands. These will go into a similar chassis, as will a PC with RME souncard and Behringer DCX2496. I'll then have the bi-amped system that i've been craving.

Lot's of work to do yet though....:D

Cheers

Nice spaceship! I'd say, warp 9 - warp 10 top speed? :clown:

Nice looking chassis. I always enjoy it when people think "outside the box." In this case, literally. Very creative case. What was your inspiration?

Can you share how you made it?

Best,
KT

cedus said:
Wonderful chassis

Can you give us more details on how the chassis is built ?

It started with a simple idea to build a home theatre PC. I wanted to use a Griffin Powermate like this

I had 4 front plates waterjet cut from 10mm ali, but shelved the HTPC until a suitable motherboard could be sourced (i've finally tracked down what i want so stay tuned for that). All of the other pieces i've made myself. I had 1 length of copper pipe, 1 length of ali bar, a little bit of plate and a small piece of ali sheet. having a lathe really helped. :D
It's the feet i'm most happy with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.