4.7 uf input cap

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried them, but to me, N type sounds the best, both for coupling and bypas. It's more neutral, while NX and Hi-Q are softer and kinda tube like sounding.

I tried Super-E for coupling, but preferred a single cap with Non Polar print towards incoming signal (as orientation is important here)

Check this thread for more info: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=491500#post491500

To Upupa: to my comment:

Peter Daniel said:
In my experience 5 x 1u will never sound as good as a single cap, especially for BG and for coupling.

You replied:

Upupa Epops said:
To Peter : I don't belive...

This makes me thinking: did you ever try listening to different parts and compare them subjectively? ;)

To everybody: I just installed BG N type 4.7u caps at the output of my new DAC and they sound so good. It's really hard to find a better sounding film cap, and frankly, I wouldn't even bother. It's no wonder that Michael Percy used to write on his site that in some circles, BGs are regarded better to ANY film cap in coupling applications;)

But I am sure, that in many times are differences realy small, that talk about these is the same like talk about sound of growing grass .

I'd rather compare it to the sound different types of grass make when wind strokes them

Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist! :)

IF THE EYES AND EARS ARE OPEN,
THE LEAVES OF THE TREES
BECOME AS PAGES OF THE BIBLE.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.