Pics of my first GainClone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
r!sc! said:
btw, there is no reason to scare, i'm only person who have approach to amp :)

Hi Boban,

Today you are the only person to approach the amp, but maybe not tomorrow or the next day.

Don't worry, I don't think it's a problem with the low volatges of a Gainclone. Just remember it for the next project - particularly if it's a higher voltage.

Jeff

did you try to put TX with amp ? does it really makes any difference ? I know it's better in therory...

This is one of those situations where there are arguments for and against.

I am using largish 300VA transformers (two of them) and another torroidal for the buffer supply so it would need to be a large box to get everything in together.

I have ordered two six pole connectors today which allow me to put the three transformers and bridges in one box and connect them to the amp box with just two umbilicals.

I have built GC's with the transformers in the amp case and one with a separate PSU case but they have been slightly different configurations so I was not able to make direct comparisons of the sound quality.

I am using largish 300VA transformers (two of them)

out of curiosity, what secondaries are you using ?
I'm still not sure what to choose 18V or 25V taking in account I'm going to
try a simple PSU first and right after a regulated version. I tends to prefer
the lower voltage as I can't stand bright or edgy sound (I'm a valve man ;)
main amp is WAD kit6550 ).

Yuval

Boban - first greetings from Slovenia! :D

Really like your design - I myself I'm right now doing something similar for my MC preamp - the combination of black metal parts and wood on sides ... And after seeing your's work I see it will look very nice :D

I wish you will buy your speakers soon so you can enjoy ASAP in the sound of that beautiful diy setup!

Boban,

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
I think you should make us all very angry by building your own speakers - with the SAME wooden sides and then black (sprayed mdf) up the middle and tops. The sides would be mdf too, but then hidden by the real wood.

Then go active xover with dual gainclones! :devilr:
No crossover's in speakers must suit gainclones i think - the power and control would be fantastic.

Now that would look great, i'd probably want to buy it all from you!

Well done again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.