Pics of my first GainClone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My second DIY project (Non O/S 1543 DAC is first). It's IGC with reg (LM338T) supply from Pedja's site. Thanks to all on this Forum, especially to Pedja, Nuuk and Peter.
There will be some improvements in design (buffer).
The thing is death quiet, becouse I still don't have
loudspeakers :D

Some pics...

Attachments

• igc_amp_top.jpg
    igc_amp_top.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,868
Hi! r!sc!,

This amp is quite impressive. Nice job!

I once made an amp without speakers and DAC, because I made these theree machines once!:)
This was quite hard work to do, especially to a newbie, like me, in audio diy. After three monthes hard work and inquiering diyers all over Taiwan, I finally got great sounds from our systems.

Why is the work from Eastern Europe always so great? :D I've never seen a picture of a messy amp from Serbia, Croatia, etc. They always look this good!

Please buy some cheap speakers to test it with very soon - it's always good to have a pair of these around for testing new amps anyway.

First, thanks to all.
Second, my english is bad, so don't laugh :)

to brianuk:

Metal plate is cuted in local store. There we call it Black metal plate.
Actualy it's not black. I choose 3mm thickness. The plates is not pure
metal, it's some composite.
The wood on sides, with my instructions, made by local carpenter.
Else is made by my hand (perforation, shuffle, etc)
Long time i was worked on cutting plan and layout of component in amp.

to fcel:

I'm already heard one GC. It's not tighten like this, but sound great.

to Peleus:

I wish to have the same experience like U :)

to jeff mai:

This XLR is only thing I found local.
btw, there is no reason to scare, i'm only person who have approach to amp :)

to Ropie:

I don't know ;). I will buy some speakers next week. I can't wait to listen this amp.

Again, thanks to all.

Regards, Boban

:hbeat: :smash: :hbeat: :smash: :hbeat: :smash:

That looks so professional.
Im so jealous! :)

How much did that all cost to make ?
The cases together look fantastic, how much approximately did just the cases cost ?

I demand that you send them to me :hypno1: :hypno2: :hypno1: :hypno2:

Well it was worth a try :irked:

Your english is good enough!

Well done.
I love to see great results produced by people for their own enjoyment rather than companies making lots of profit!
(A little profit is ok though)

Enjoy,

Brian.

I have to agree, that is one very good Gainclone ;)

I have just one question. It looks as though the power is fed to the amps through a couple of three pin XLR plugs (yes sockets would be better).

If you are using the regulated PSU, you would need four wires per channel, so why are they only three pin plugs? :confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.