Bridging STK4048XI module is the best.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody

Hello again..
Please forgive me my mistakes in english..

I was read this forum about STK hybrid chip amps, and some interesting informations here published.
I assembled lot of STK hybrid chip based amps in standard and bridged configurations.

My opinion is:
1. If the feedback gain set on 26dB level, the sound of this amp is smoother, and I never seen some oscillations on output.
2. The STK hybrid chip amp e.g. 4048XI is much more better than LMXXXX amp. LMXXXX amp have no too good slew rate, the damping factor is worst than damping factor of STK hybrid amp.
3. If I used active cooler (combination of aluminia cooler with dimensions 150x150x40mm and 5mm basis thickness and one cooler SUNON 120x120mm) I never measured more than 50°C on cooler at maximum output.
4. Maximum output with STK 4048XI is 150W/8ohm and more than 200W/4ohm.But I don`t recomend use 4ohm load....
5. Always use good quality components, every ceramic capacitors need voltage rating up to 500V...i know is it a little bit expensive...
but failure of blocking capacitors or riple capacitors due to the overvoltage of its maximum ratings my have result of destruction of hybrid chip
6. In bridged configuration I used a similar circuit which is in this forum published.
7. A good groundig is required to perfect function of this hybrid chip amp. I mean star configuration of ground is the best.
8. Blocker capacitors for voltage rails must be placed near as possible to the hybrid chip.
9. On first power on i replace the fuses with a single 230V/60W light bulbs. This bulbs limite the current if something fail in circuit or if some mistakes in circuit.
10. To prevent ground loops which produce hum and etc. I insulate the cooler from chassis of amplifier.
11. For maximum s/n ratio and hum prevention I used balanced input circuit with fixed gain and a simple level controller potentiometer (5k/linear)
12. When this hybrid chip amp used for driving a subwoofer speaker I used 20000uF or more filter snap-in capacitors per rail.

I wish some pleasant hours of listening with this hybrid amps.

Trelolelo

If someone need schematics of my amplifiers please send inquiry to my email:
s_gogola@hotmail.com

Re: Hello everybody

Trelolelo said:
If someone need schematics of my amplifiers please send inquiry to my email:
s_gogola@hotmail.com

Then why don't you post your work? I'm sure that combining more ideas is a good thing for all diy-ers. If your files are too big send them to me by e-mail (valentin_constantin2004@yahoo.com) and I will gladly host them for you externally. The offer is valid for all of you people!
All the best.
Valentin

Hello

I finished designing the mute circuitry PCB originally used by sanyo for STK modules, I hope its good enough guys.

Also STK4191V PCB will come soon...

Attachments

• stkstk_mute_sch.png
    stkstk_mute_sch.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 921
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.