TDA7294 + Power Transistors AMP (TDA7293 to come also) - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th February 2012, 10:15 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Jamen hey så

Well that is of course something i have always wanted to do, but it always cost a sh*t load of money if you just want a few boards, but if users in this forum get interested in the AMP well then i would be a better ratio of $ pr board.

And it is as you can see a VERY simple board, just has that extra connection for the moved feedback.
Old 16th February 2012, 10:27 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hejsa.

It would be cool with a group buy project.

I'll consider building a prototype and then follow the thread for future announcements of finished PCB's.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:53 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

400W+ into 2 ohms, from a single 5200/1943 pair? But that's like 14 amps rms, or 20 amps peak. Sure you've only got a +/-40 V supply (how many VA is the transformer?), but it still seems rather optimistic to me. Looking at SOA, I'd say this is pushing it a bit even at low temperatures. I'd rather use two pairs.
Old 17th February 2012, 03:37 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrossklass View Post
400W+ into 2 ohms, from a single 5200/1943 pair? But that's like 14 amps rms, or 20 amps peak. Sure you've only got a +/-40 V supply (how many VA is the transformer?), but it still seems rather optimistic to me. Looking at SOA, I'd say this is pushing it a bit even at low temperatures. I'd rather use two pairs.
That transistor pair have 15Amps DC and 30Amps peak, hence no problem with that power handling level, also note that the TDA itself chips in (just a little bit but however it still helps), Power came (in that amp) from a 300VA Ring-Transformer, and it has power to spare when considering that i had 2x70,000uF.

And yes if you want even more power then it will help to use 2x 5200/1943 then you are looking a 1Ohm stable and power close to 1000W (not kidding here), and if you want even more use 2x TDA with dual Transistor Pairs and Bridge them, then you will be beyond 1500W 2Ohm

Again i have bridged the normal setup and was ripping a 700W woofer to MAX X-MAX and again with power to spare.
Old 18th February 2012, 07:20 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

I cant w8 for my parts to arrive. Deffo building some of these =) ... and DR frost ... 1ohm 1000 watt? now thats power! Were in the circuit would u add the extra chips? would it be like one afta the other .. chained, or would there need to be stuff in between? cause i have the money to get more no problem =) also im going to have like 9 spare of each resistor, capacitor.. so adding more of them too? what do u recon ?
Old 18th February 2012, 08:00 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Well you basically add transistors and emitter resistors, something like this, BUT i cannot say if the 6.8Ohm resistor needs to be changed to adapt to this config.

Here is a Schematic i just remodeled to show the DUAL NPN&PNP setup
Click the image to open in full size.
Again press picture to make it bigger (zoom)

EDIT: Gotta love Dropbox, if an error in the schematic is found i just have to change it locally and Dropbox (ubuntu) updates it and the changes are now done here 5 seconds later

Last edited by dr frost dk; 18th February 2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 19th February 2012, 03:14 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Sweet looks tidy =) Im now looking at plans for the TDA chip amp part. How does this look ? http://circuitsmag.com/amplifier-cir...udio-amplifier . they also have plans for power supplies , looks good =)
Old 19th February 2012, 04:00 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Theres also this one that is a little more detailed also shows how the PCB works so can be adpapted to perf board alsp its dosnt have the 2n7f mkt capacitor wich i cant seem to find (only cerramics)

TDA amplifier circuits
Old 19th February 2012, 11:25 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Well you can go by those designs or just use mine, the components work just fine, if you go to the thread i stated in post #1, (talk.maemo.org) then you will see a prototype TDA7293 on a board i bought from ebay, i did have to make some connections on it but it now uses the components and schematic that i made.

All that needs to be taken into account is the FeedBack resistor has to be moved (22K Ohm) and the SYNC resistor needs to be between output and the TDA7294/3

Last edited by dr frost dk; 19th February 2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 19th February 2012, 02:38 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Ok im just .. lost now. I can find a picture were the TDA is visible ... but i cant see a schematic and because im very amature still ... i have no clue whats going on all of a sudden .. i only just noticed that the schematics i download of ya dont have instrustion on the TDA =/ ... i wouldent know were to move the feed back or ne thing .. i just assumed u had to attach the output to the input of the 2S board.

EDIT) Maybe i have found my confusion here but maybe not lol . on the main schimatic does the number like reprisent the TDA pins? or is that hole numbers? if so then i apologise for filling your thred! lol

Last edited by Volperossa; 19th February 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!