What if I screw up a speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What if I screwed up a speaker when I connect the amp? What do I do? I find out the bigger speaker ( mostly two speakers on the bookstxxx speaker, small for high and big for bass) of my AWIA SC-51 didnt respone. Cuz my carefulless.

Addiction how to test the DC offset if I only have two 51ohm resistor?:bawling: :bawling:

btw I used two 51ohm got a 15.xx mV DC offset.

the left one is 7.8-7.9Ohm, but the right screwed up one only have 1.2Ohm. Also I find out the screwed up one dont bounce like the normal when I push the speaker thing down.

Do you think I can order a set of same size new speaker and install it to the housing?

Nuuk said:
S.C always use an old speaker to test any new amp, or amp modification. Then if you value your loudspeakers, use some sort of speaker protection at least for the first few weeks. :nod:

Hey Nuuk, an old speaker was what he used.:D
Oh... 1.2 Ohms! Seams like an Apogee.:eek: :devily:

S.C., forget those speakers, they're too crappy, they don't worth repairing.
Buy a new pair of speakers, there are some cheap models out there that are not bad at all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.