What if I screw up a speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally finished my Damn GC. Left with 15mV but the right with 19-20mV and total 5mV different. I changed it to two cases instead of one. It is too small for me to connect the freaking wire. I think I have some setup problem with the GC. I have a hard time connecting the wires. I think I will probably draw another board include all those connection. It is a mess inside. I gave up the light ..................... Anyway sounds quite good, but I think there are some more things that I can make it better. I need to repair my speaker.......................................................................................................................... Oh the PSU 74V make my Heat sink really hot. I can run it for 2 hrs no problem, but don't put your hand on the pan haha.:devilr:

Nuuk said:

Hi S.C. - I was just having a joke with Carlos who uses those speakers. ;)

You can't just put any old driver in the hole to replace a damage unit. The two drivers (for each channel) need to be an exact match.

Hey Nuuk, I don't have B&W speakers.:bawling:
I love my Epos speakers.:cool:
What happened was that I reported some tests I did with my GC and several speakers, including B&W 600 series.
BTW, stay clear of the 602 S3.:eek:
It sounds really nasty.
It has a huge impedance dip that will drive your GC mad.
Better go for the cheaper 600 or 601.
Anyway, I don't fancy them...
S.C, listen to some speakers around this price point and decide for yourself.
Better 8 ohms than 4.;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.