Where can I find good selection of knobs for pots?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know who sells knobs for rotary switchs and pots? I kinda like the big white plastic ones on Acurus and Mark Levinson stuff. And also those soft rubber ones on the old Carver stuff. But most places just sell little wimpy <1" generic knobs. I'd like something in the 2" range that has some solidity.

Even something flimsy like the volume knobs on most recievers might work.

And by me looking I mean Mouser, Digikey, PartsExpress. I have never looked at Farnell or whatever, but I mean to.

you know, nuuk, you can buy dowels.

Now, where's the fun in that? ;)

Actually, that doesn't make things any easier as you will have to get the hole for the spindle dead centre and amke sure that the dowel is cut at a perfect right-angle.

I know because a friend turned up some round sections on his lathe for me but I actually found it easier to make the knobs from square section.

There's nothing like speaking from experience! :cool:

DIY :nod:

Attachments

• dscf0003.jpg
    dscf0003.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 745
Im guessing the whit ones over at apex jr. are the ones described as;

Aluminim Knob (Round) 1 3/8" dia 3/4" tall 1/4" hole w/set screw $4.50ea

Those are like perfectly exactlt what i was looking for....plus i have heard of apex jr.!

Oh I see there on the new page, thats why I havent seem them their before :scratch:

Nuuk said:

Now, where's the fun in that? ;)

Actually, that doesn't make things any easier as you will have to get the hole for the spindle dead centre and amke sure that the dowel is cut at a perfect right-angle.

I know because a friend turned up some round sections on his lathe for me but I actually found it easier to make the knobs from square section.

There's nothing like speaking from experience! :cool:

i have been shamed.
i bet home depot probably doesn't sale teak dowels dowels.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.