Where can I find good selection of knobs for pots?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are looking for nice knobs look no further than the vast array of drawer pulls at your local hardware store. They come in a massive array of styles, shapes and finishes. Just drill out the screw hole so it fits your shaft (that sounds a bit crude :D ). If the knob has a hollow back you can always fill it with my secret formula to improve the sonic character also known as bondo.

Besides using them for knobs you can also use them as speaker spikes/accents, and feet for your amplifier chassis etc. I have even heard of people attaching them to the front panels of drawers. I'm not sure but I think the drawers sound better when they are attached, but only when I use brass screws ;)

G.

Gcollier said:
I have even heard of people attaching them to the front panels of drawers. I'm not sure but I think the drawers sound better when they are attached, but only when I use brass screws ;)

I used some on my dresser, but I built an electrolysis tank and silver plated the brass screws first, you wouldn't believe the difference in clarity it makes for my upper mid-range socks.

But seriously, I was at the local home center the other day and took a look at their cabinet knobs and handles, I saw a few things that looked like they could be used for amp hardware. I'm going to be building a case for an old Maggie I'm planning to restore, might just use some on that.

I just bought a batch of knobs off of ebay, someone is always selling some kind of knobs. I'll eventually get a bunch of sets so that I have a good selection. Here's where I found them:

Business & Industrial > Industrial Electrical & Test > Electronic Components > Passive Components > Knobs

They can also be found in the musical instrument section, as well as other sections.

Tom.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.